Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry WATCH YOUR WALLET IN THE POCONOS !

Once,maybe twice ? Three plus times and theres a newer tourist trap affecting us locals !In these restaurants Everybodys buffet,friendlys,red lobster,and Smugglers,Each one of these restaurants in the past two weeks have presented me with bills that already included an appropriate tip,but when credt card bill was re presented to me the tip area had nothing left blank leaving it to an unwary person to do an additional tip thusly making a potential tip of $30 on a $40 bill ! This practice is now seeming to run rampant especially on fridays & Saturdays and Sundays when people dont scrutinize their checks ! I am now circumventing their pratice by physically walking my Creadit card and bill to the cashier and only tipping 10% ! In addition Sunoco and Exxon in tannersville and Bartonsville gas station you run your card and try to pump the regular gas but pump wont let you so most people in a rush push the next level grade and additional cost of plus $.70 cent per gallon ! Be aware of these practices.Dont really need to state this but our tourists from out of state are some of the rudest SOBs rushing in to a Handicapp parking ahead of an elderley woman and blocking her,intimidating her to back out and leave ! WTF is going on in the Poconos ?

(Chester County)

Default Re: WATCH YOUR WALLET IN THE POCONOS !

Maybe we can get New Jersey to put chips in both of their license plates so when they get to the gas station the pumps charge them a 20% New Jersey anti gun tax.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

Went to a wedding in the Poconos two summers ago and notice that the whole culture was rather Jersey shore. The accents, attitudes and people were all a bit of a shock. So I guess I'm saying that I don't find the practices all that surprising.

I liked the area, but won't be going back anytime soon.

Thanks for the heads' up however.

I remember that place going down hill when the wawa went in on 115/940

(Delaware County)

Can we get a wall between us and NY and NJ.

(Tioga County)

MDT - I know what you are talking about but I don't think it is what you think it is.

Ruby Tuesday does this. At the bottom of the credit card receipt is printed the suggested tip amounts for 15, 18 and 20 percent. That is for the people too lazy or stupid to calculate the tip. The tip line is blank for you to fill in the amount YOU want to tip.

My wife says I never leave enough and I always leave some odd amount like $6.32 just 'cause it drives her crazy.
    MikeP

didn't think i could feel worse about where i live but thanks guys... thanks for reminding me that you see as many nj/ny plates as you do PA ones out here. and you deal with their crap and attitudes on top of it.

does anyone pay attention to whether or not they wind up charging "your" total after you fill in the tip section? i feel most of these card machines just print them that way and a lot of resturants don't know how to actually amend the charge to include the tip you wrote in.
    i've never checked, typically cross it out and tip cash with the meal being credit.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Philadelphia County)

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this post?

(Bucks County)

Well, apparently anyone who likes the Jersey shore is as subhuman as a New Yawkah. And eateries that recommend far less than a 25% tip are confusing to a New Yawkah?

Quote Originally Posted by jsphilly View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand this post?
    sorry, assume you mean me.
    the tip/total style receipt is probably a default feature of the machines processing the transaction, regardless of the restaurant's use of the function. if you have a bill of $10, you are asked to fill in a tip, you fill in $1. total charge of $11.
    does anyone here ever check to see if they were charged $10 or $11? my feeling is that many companies do not know how to apply the charge + tip = total. especially companies like foreign restaurants.
    this is why i cross out the tip, write $10 in the total and tip in cash. among other reasons.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast