Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Is my car holster legal?

Just modifield an unused holster to the center console of my car, and it can be seen if you are next to me in a SUV or any truck. I have my LTCF, and I drive through Philly a lot...do I need to cover it up, or am I legit?

Default Re: Is my car holster legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    Just modifield an unused holster to the center console of my car, and it can be seen if you are next to me in a SUV or any truck. I have my LTCF, and I drive through Philly a lot...do I need to cover it up, or am I legit?
    It's already 'covered up' because it's in a car. You have your LTCF. You have no other responsibilities, presuming you're holstering a 6102-defined 'firearm' (in a 6102-defined 'loaded' fashion.)

See 18PA.C.S.6106 and the definitions at 18PA.C.S.6102.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/page_re...%20from%20West

(Dauphin County)

ya man your GTG
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    It's already 'covered up' because it's in a car. You have your LTCF.
    Just to clarify, having it covered up or concealed in the vehicle has nothing to do with requiring a license. It's the fact that you're transporting it that calls for the statutory requirement of a license.
    Rob/Wynder
    Delaware Open Carry, Founder
    http://www.deloc.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Wynder View Post
    Just to clarify, having it covered up or concealed in the vehicle has nothing to do with requiring a license. It's the fact that you're transporting it that calls for the statutory requirement of a license.
    Just to clarify, it's the fact that you're carry[ing] in a vehicle that calls for the statutory requirement of a license.

The following being merely conjecture:
    the nature of a vehicle would lead many cases of carrying on or about one's person to be, for practical purposes, concealment.

That could be the only justification given the complete lack of codification on open carry, otherwise we'd presume it unacceptable upon review.

The courts have been excessively retarded about how 'in the vehcile' applies to carry[ing]. Carry (on or about one's person) differs in no way on foot or in a vehicle, yet somewhere along the line one or more courts decided that because proper English has been allowed to erode, the colloquial use of 'carry' combined by the wrong way to ascribe modifiers to an actor meant that suddenly a person was 'carrying' if they had the firearm in the trunk, even though it would generally be clear that the lack of immediate access to the arm meant such a notion would be impossible. (The car is carrying the firearm, then. You are using the car to carry the firearm, but not carrying the arm, then. This is why English mechanics class was so important!)

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(a) Offense defined.*

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
    Anyway, bottom line, if you don't want to help us fix this issue in court, consider that any firearm in the car means you need to be licensed, but since you're licensed, it doesn't matter how you 'carry' your 6102-defined 'firearm'.

(Montgomery County)

fat man + iwb holster (along with my LTCF) + compact car = my legal car holster. thanks for the great responses. will be driving in comfort from now on, and of course protected