Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default CC in Wachovia Center

Hello all,

My first post here..I'm an active member of Deloc.org in Delaware. So far, I'm not getting much feedback from guys down here so I thought I would get some local input. I have my Delaware CCDW as well as my PA LTCF. I've been to the Wachovia Center for Flyers game previously but all before I started carrying. The last time I was there, I only remember having my ticket scanned and my wife's handbag checked. I do not remember having to go through a metal detector or being "wanded". I will be CC'ing, so it wouldn't be readily apparent that I was carrying, and I certainly wouldn't be breaking any laws of the state. I have checked their policies online, and while it may be discouraged, it is not posted as No Guns Allowed online.

It defeats the purpose of carrying into the city and going to a game if I have to lock the gun up and then walk to get where I'm going. Any input from members who have CC'd at the Wachovia or who have observed the security at the ticket gates is greatly appreciated.

(Chester County)

Default Re: CC in Wachovia Center

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ia-center.html

cpl pages of responses for ya, i was just there last tuesday infact and they wanded me and it beeped but they said thanks have a nice night and let me in, the wanding was very poor, just brought it infront of me for half a second and said ok even though it beeped, you shouldnt have a problem but id carry it near some other object that beeps or SOB, shoulder or ankle carry

(Montgomery County)

I ankle carry when I go to Flyers games. I've been wanded on occasion, but it's never beeped. Once inside, I go into a bathroom stall and move my P239 to a OWB holster.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

I was there last week for a Flyers game. I was wanded front and back at the waist. Not very thorough, I think it took about 2 seconds total. The guy in front of me had the wand beeping pretty good around the SOB area. They didn't say anything to him and just let him go in.

(Philadelphia County)

I went to a Flyers/Penns game about 3 weeks ago. I had my weapon on me in an OWB holster. When I got to the lobby check in area, I saw them wanding people as they walked by but nothing organized. So I decided to walk back to my car and put my weapon in my trunk. I'm kind of glad that I did because I noticed that as I was standing and sitting as the game went on, my shirt was coming up over my now empty holster. My empty holster was getting caught on the arm rest of those f'ing tight seats they cram you into. So in the future, I don't plan on bringing my gun into any event at the Center. I hope this helped.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    I ankle carry when I go to Flyers games. I've been wanded on occasion, but it's never beeped. Once inside, I go into a bathroom stall and move my P239 to a OWB holster.
    I do the same...
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Lancaster County)

I went to a game back in December. They used the wand, but failed to find my firearm. I knew going in from a retired police officer that I was not allowed to carry in the arena, I politely asked the officer where I could stow my gun for the event (he was taken aback, but that is a story for another night). He sent me around to the side that faces the spectrum and there was a door. If you are coming around from the 11th street side, you take a left at the first corner and there is an unmarked door. Knock on it and they will let you use one of their lockers. When you are finished, go to the entrance by section 118 and you can pick it back up before you even leave the building. Much better solution than just leaving it in your car. No one gave me grief and everyone was quite professional. Overall a positive experience for me.
    Active Citizen