Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default GONZALES WANTS ARBITRARY POWER TO BLOCK GUN PURCHASES

GONZALES WANTS ARBITRARY POWER TO BLOCK GUN PURCHASES; SAF SAYS HE SHOULD RESIGN
    Second Amendment Foundation (email alert) ^ | 5/1/07 | Alan Gottlieb

Posted on 05/01/2007 12:47:00 PM PDT by Carry_Okie

BELLEVUE, WA – Attorney General Alberto Gonzales’ troubling support of legislation that would allow him and future attorneys general the arbitrary power to block firearms purchases without due process is cause for him to step down as the nation’s highest ranking law enforcement officer, the Second Amendment Foundation said today.

The bill, S. 1237, was introduced last week at the Justice Department’s request by Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), one of the most extreme anti-gunners in Congress. Called the “Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2007,” this legislation would give the Attorney General discretionary authority to deny the purchase of a firearm or the issuance of a firearm license or permit because of some vague suspicion that an American citizen may be up to no good.

“This bill,” said SAF founder Alan Gottlieb, “raises serious concerns about how someone becomes a ‘suspected terrorist.’ Nobody has explained how one gets their name on such a list, and worse, nobody knows how to get one’s name off such a list.

“The process by which someone may appeal the Attorney General’s arbitrary denial seems weak at best,” Gottlieb suggested, “and there is a greater concern. When did we decide as a nation that it is a good idea to give a cabinet member the power to deny someone’s constitutional right simply on suspicion, without a trial or anything approaching due process?

“We’re not surprised that General Gonzales has found an agreeable sponsor in Frank Lautenberg,” Gottlieb observed. “The senator from New Jersey has never seen a restrictive gun control scheme he did not immediately embrace, and S. 1237 is loaded with red flags. It would allow an appointed bureaucrat the authority to suspend or cancel someone’s Second Amendment right without even being charged with a crime.

“Attorney General Gonzales has no business asking for that kind of power over any tenet in the Bill of Rights,” Gottlieb said. “He took an oath to uphold the Constitution, not trample it. Perhaps it is time for him to go.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1826729/posts
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: GONZALES WANTS ARBITRARY POWER TO BLOCK GUN PURCHASES

Well I consider Alberto Mengala Gonzalas to be a illegal mexican. He was born to some one who came across ILLEGALLY from what I have learned , which DOES not agree with the spirit of America. Break our rules to get here and have babies that are legally American citizens I don't think so

(Indiana County)

Totally illegal, it is unconsitutional if enacted. Not that he, the Bush Administration, and Congress care about our CONSITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!. Especally, Nancy Pelosi.
    Due Process what?... that doesnt exist. He could say Mr. and Mrs. America you cant have gun becasue I made up a bunch or unlawful alligations based on no evidence but I have the power so i use it to keep you from buying guns becasuse I can. DUMP THE IDIOT.

(Erie County)

Warrantless Wiretaps
    Warrantless Bank record searches
    Torchering Terror suspects

Does this surprise anyone? As usual this one is also in the name of "terrorism" Glad to see Dems want to limit guns in the name of terrorism like Gingrich wants to limit free speech in the name of terrorism.

(Philadelphia County)

Paging John Ashcroft, paging John Ashcroft..... we want you back, we want you back.

(York County)

We’re not surprised that General Gonzales has found an agreeable sponsor in Frank Lautenberg
    nuff said.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    Glad to see Dems want to limit guns in the name of terrorism like Gingrich wants to limit free speech in the name of terrorism.
    Don't think for one second the Democrats are going to repeal laws like the Patriot Act which have taken away many of our rights. They're going to keep all this crap on the books, and just deflect the sheeple by continuing to blame the Republicans for taking it away. They'll distract everyone with partisan politics, and then use the laws they supposedly opposed to continue to trample on our rights.

I'm not just bashing the Democrats, BTW. The Republicans have done the exact same thing in the past, using party politics to deflect the real issues at hand. In fact, that's part of the reason we are where we are today. But the Democrats sure aren't going to make it better.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Still waiting to hear how so many of you are being hassled and righless (is that a word?) because of the stupidly called Patriot Act.

If you must be scared about something I recommend the most disgusting story from 9/11: Our intrepid CIA Director was having breakfast when he heard of the attacks. His first words after saying that he was sure OBL was behind it was "Gee, I sure hope this has nothing to do with them Arabs taking flight lessons".

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Still waiting to hear how so many of you are being hassled and righless (is that a word?) because of the stupidly called Patriot Act.

Mind if I come over to your house and sniff your wife's panties when you're not home?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Mind if I come over to your house and sniff your wife's panties when you're not home?
    LOL, new or used? Big epidemic in this country of illegal panty sniffing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast