Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default The Media got what they wanted...

My heart goes out to the families of the shooting victims in the Sikh Temple in Wisconsin yesterday. I've known a number of Sikhs throughout my life, and each one has been good-natured and hardworking.

Unfortunately, though, it looks like the chief spreaders of misinformation on anything gun-related, the establishment news media, finally got a shooter that fits their narrative-- an ex-Army Vet White Supremacist.

If you can stomach it, you can find some more details HERE.

As fellow adherents to the Second Amendment, we're going to have to help each other to weather the sh#t storm that is surely gathering...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: The Media got what they wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by calypsocoral View Post
    My heart goes out to the families of the shooting victims in the Sikh Temple in Wisconsin yesterday. I've known a number of Sikhs throughout my life, and each one has been good-natured and hardworking.

Unfortunately, though, it looks like the chief spreaders of misinformation on anything gun-related, the establishment news media, finally got a shooter that fits their narrative-- an ex-Army Vet White Supremacist.

If you can stomach it, you can find some more details HERE.

As fellow adherents to the Second Amendment, we're going to have to help each other to weather the sh#t storm that is surely gathering...
    The statistics/record will show that non-ex-Army, non-white supremacists, non tea partiers, non legal gun owners are responsible for, at minimum, 1000x the murder rate of Bolded, in America.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Liberals avoid the facts whenever possible and utilize emotions and good intentions in their arguements.
    ...and they have a plan...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Liberals avoid the facts whenever possible and utilize emotions and the appearance of good intentions in their arguments.
    Fixed it for ya.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Several years ago, I was offended by the statement "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I now realize the truth in that statement.
    ...and they have a plan...

(York County)

As I write this, the local national news just reviewed the event once again.

How was this guy able to purchase? The Media reported he'd bought his "high power" 9mm a few months ago. Grrr. The partial and selective coverage is very frustrating.

Anyway a few thoughts.

1. This guy should have been prohibited. What did he have: dishonable discharge from armed forces for alcohol related issues? This is a prohibiting condition on an firearm application right there. So were the multiple arrests (and convictions?). How in the hell did he pass a the background check? Why weren't these in his record when he applied to purchase? (Of course I have to go on the info as provided here by NBC.) I'm sure the media will note his purchase, but ignore how the existing system needs to have better data reporting to prevent idiots like this from being able to purchase in the first place. Once again existing laws should have sufficed to keep him from legal purchase, but I doubt that the media will clamor for better enforcement of the existing laws in the emotional hype over the event.

2. In the best tradition of the Sikh faith, one of those killed confronted the shooter with a knife and went down buying time for others to escape. Sikhs have a long tradition of valor, earned fighting for survival in Mogul times on the Indian subcontinent against fanatic Hindus as well as Muslims bent on genocide for being a faith that both majority groups considered heretical.

3. Once again, we see how if only one of the members of the temple had been armed with a similar modern weapon instead of picking up a knife from the kitchen, the body count would have been lower. I hope that other Sikh temples start to have at least somebody armed to prevent this in other places. They have suffered a disproportionate number of hate crimes and need to act accordingly.

I hope John Lott is interviewed over this event. Here is an even clearer case of where one armed civilian could have stopped this creep before the body count got as high. As one of our posters has in his tag line: "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away." Kudos to the police first responder who did his best once he got there, but by then the dude was bent of having his high noon with law enforcement and got what he wanted there.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; August 7th, 2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: updated info from NBC