Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default sell used pistol

Hi everyone, im new to the site, so sorry if this has been addressed already. Im looking to sell one of my pistols, and was wondering if anyone knows of any good shops who will offer a fair price? Prefferably in or around Delaware County. Any input is appreciated. If there is a thread on this a link would be appreciated also. Thanks

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: sell used pistol

Quote Originally Posted by greyworm View Post
    Hi everyone, im new to the site, so sorry if this has been addressed already. Im looking to sell one of my pistols, and was wondering if anyone knows of any good shops who will offer a fair price? Prefferably in or around Delaware County. Any input is appreciated. If there is a thread on this a link would be appreciated also. Thanks
    If you have ever watched Pawn Stars or any other pawn shop reality shows, you will learn that any shop will offer you about half of the retail value of the gun. They have to make a profit (which is fine with me). Same goes for car trade ins.

My Local Gun Shop has told me flat out, if I want to sell it quick, bring it to him. If I want a good price, put up an ad at my gun club range or on the PAFOA classified ads. He was right (and honest, which is why I keep going to him), I have done it both ways, through his shop and also via PAFOA.

(Warren County)

Go get a price from a local gunshop.

Then look on gunbroker.com for the asking prices.

Advertise here in the classified section with your price somewhere between the two.
    Lower price = faster sale.

Whatcha selling?
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Go get a price from a local gunshop.

Then look on gunbroker.com for the asking prices.

Advertise here in the classified section with your price somewhere between the two.
    Lower price = faster sale.

Whatcha selling?
    What he said ^^^ Post it in the classified here, might get a bite. And what are you selling?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the input guys, i think ill go that route. And i am sell a ruger LC9(NRA special edition)

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

There's 8 of them on Gunbroker listed for $370 to $420, but who knows if they're actually selling at those prices? After auction fees and paying your FFL to mail it, you might clear $350 on Gunbroker. I'd list it for $300 on PAFOA and Armslist to sell it quickly and be done with it.

(Delaware County)

Thnks for looking for me. Im going to post it. The only downside to selling something via classifieds is waiting for someone to reply (im very immpatient at times haha). So lets hope this thing sells. Im thinking it might not until after the holidays, but we'll see.

(Bucks County)

You might look into a consignment format...for sale at a local shooting range. That way it is seen (and handled, downside) by prospective purchasers as opposed to being buried in a list of guns for sale with the reader wondering about the condition et cetera.

Good thing about the consignment is the store owner has no money of his own invested in the gun and can make money on a fee which makes the remainder to you a higher figure.

A dealer who buys the gun from you might have that money he spent take months to come back. He views that as a net loss unless the margin is wide. Hence, "low-ball" offer.

If you do go consignment and then elect to go another route and remove the gun, you will have to go through PICS to re-take possession...so there is another fee to ask about and consider.