Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Was at the wawa at route 100 today

I went to my parents house today to do some work, on my way home i stopped for gas and then went in to get some food. I was OC and i went to check out i looked in my wallet and i could of swore i have 2 $20's and 1 $5. Well the bill was 7 something and i gave her what i think was a 20. I got 2 dollars and some change back. So i moved to the side and told her i think i gave you a $20 she looks at me and says are you sure? I said yes i'm pretty sure i had 2 $20, and 1 $5. She prints something up and shows me that she entered that i gave her a $10. So i said i'm pretty sure i gave you a $20 she says well then ill have to count my drawer, so i said that's fine i can wait. Well she ends up just giving me a 10 dollar bill back and says that if she counts her drawer and its $10 short shes gonna tell me. i do go in there once a week or more sometimes.

Now i'm sitting here at home thinking if i really gave her a $20 or not. But i looked at the 10 that she gave me back that would of been the 10 that i gave her and it had a folded top corner and when i put money in my wallet i usually put it in nice take all the folds out etc. But for some reason i just feel guilty and i am over thinking this because i was OC. What do you all think? I just wish she would of counted her drawer.....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Was at the wawa at route 100 today

Make sure you have an extra $10 the next time you go in. Ask how the drawer count went and if there was any issue, give her the $10.

What we used to do when I was managing 7-11s was to ask for a phone #, and if the drawer was over, we'd give them a call.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Make sure you have an extra $10 the next time you go in. Ask how the drawer count went and if there was any issue, give her the $10.

What we used to do when I was managing 7-11s was to ask for a phone #, and if the drawer was over, we'd give them a call.
    Yea, i wish they would of did that or something. I only live 2 miles from this wawa and would of been no big deal.

I would make the special trip to ensure it was right.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post

... But for some reason i just feel guilty and i am over thinking this because i was OC. ...

How do you rationalize this thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    How do you rationalize this thought?
    Lol, i cant really. Im pretty new to OC so i think that is why im over thinking this.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I would make the special trip to ensure it was right.
    I just called and talked to the manager and explained the situation and he told me that the drawers are always off every night not to worry about it. He wouldn't even check for me, because I was not missing any money i had what i thought i was owed. I made sure and asked him three times and this is what he said.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    I just called and talked to the manager and explained the situation and he told me that the drawers are always off every night not to worry about it. He wouldn't even check for me, because I was not missing any money i had what i thought i was owed. I made sure and asked him three times and this is what he said.
    Hey don't feel guilty. If you made the error you'll over pay some other time if you didn't you got what is yours, you didn't do it maliciously if you did make an error. An honest mistake is just that and not theft so there is nothing to feel guilty about. Though if she's cute you can bring her flowers next time you see her and say you felt bad if she got in trouble if you were wrong. LOL. We're human and as such we need to give ourselves and others some slack. Even I'm wrong every now and then, I just cant recall the last time (j/k) .

oh and when you're Open carrying you're supposed to have spydie senses. So you should have known the serial number of the bill you handed her. If you lack this skill you are not supposed to be carrying at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by whoshisface; March 18th, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

(Monroe County)

I.m in this same WAWA at least 4 times a a week , great people' i dont open carry but i always kind of semi-concealed carry. .

The same thing happened to me about 20 years ago at a restauarant and it still bothers me today a little , if wether or not i handled it right .

But as the manager said not to worry.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    I.m in this same WAWA at least 4 times a a week , great people' i dont open carry but i always kind of semi-concealed carry. .

The same thing happened to me about 20 years ago at a restauarant and it still bothers me today a little , if wether or not i handled it right .

But as the manager said not to worry.
    Im not to worried anymore. I used to be a cashier when i was in high school in the small grocery store in my town, that's why i called to see but like he said it really didn't matter i guess, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast