Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Question has anybody heard of doing this

has anybody heard of doing this to there kel-tec pistol i read about it on this web site... http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewfo...2f152986d181fc and the people talking about it told me about his website they call it a fluff and buff here's that website http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/prep.htm

(Adams County)

Default Re: has anybody heard of doing this

Check out KTOG too, they have a lot of good guys and some good Tutorials on F&B as well as other mods.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Delaware County)

I did it to the P-3AT that I had for a few months. Didn't really help much.

See also 25¢ trigger job for Glock
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

The Hard-Core Kel-Tec owners swear by it. I bought a P3AT and almost decided to do the Fluff & Buff thing, But instead I cleaned it and decided to shoot it first. Maybe I got lucky but, I put 100 rounds through mine without any problems. So since I'm not the type to go looking for trouble, I think I'll leave well enough alone unless I start to have trouble.

It makes sense to me (And maybe Only to me) that if it was really that important to do to get the gun functioning 120% - Then Kel-Tec would automatically be doing this before they ship to ensure they have the best product around.

As a side note from what I'm reading a Fluff & Buff is the only 'Mod' that Won't Void your lifetime Kel-Tec warranty. Any other Mod will, So be careful as to what direction you go.
    Recoil Happens

(Chester County)

i was thinking the same thing thats why i asked i am deffently not doing it .plus i don't want to mess the gun up anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post

It makes sense to me (And maybe Only to me) that if it was really that important to do to get the gun functioning 120% - Then Kel-Tec would automatically be doing this before they ship to ensure they have the best product around.

As a side note from what I'm reading a Fluff & Buff is the only 'Mod' that Won't Void your lifetime Kel-Tec warranty. Any other Mod will, So be careful as to what direction you go.

(Philadelphia County)

I did a F&B on my P-11 when I had it. Polishing the feed ramp made a difference when it came to hollowpoint rounds, not as many FTF's. After getting tired of the long trigger pull I sold my P-11 and bought a Taurus PT111 which I still have today.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by buddhaman20 View Post
    has anybody heard of doing this to there kel-tec pistol i read about it on this web site... http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewfo...2f152986d181fc and the people talking about it told me about his website they call it a fluff and buff here's that website http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/prep.htm
    Because I am the owner of 2 KelTec P3ATs (the .380s - one is the wife's) and belong to KTog I have indeed heard of this many times.

However, between the 2 pistols and at least 1000 rounds (that is only 20 boxes of ammo), one never had a problem and the other had a few failures to feed in the first couple of magazines but never had another. So I never found the fluff and buff to be necessary.

I hear some find it necessary to get good functioning, but I believe they are in the minority.

Sheesh... I just looked at the original post date on this thread. I have to start looking at that first.

I think the bottom line:

Get at least 150rounds through before deciding to do it. Clean/Lube the gun first. I've read quite a few posts stating where people had a few problems with FTF's, FTE etc.. that went away once they put over 100 rounds through it.
    You don't say if your's is a 1st generation or a 2nd. Mine is a second, so maybe this was (Fluff&Buff) necessary for the 1g's

I would definately shoot it first, if you have no trobule, then why tempt fate?

TokaMak - Welcome to a fellow KTOG'er - Maybe I'll see you there.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Allegheny County)

I've put about 250 rounds through my Kel-Tec P3AT and haven't done a thing to it except clean and oil. I got lucky and got one that works fine.

Don't fix it, if it works.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(York County)

I have a p11 that I did a semi buff&fluff to. I polished the feed ramp and the chamber and polished one spot on the slide where the barrel rubbed.... Mine didnt have any problems before I did it and it doesnt have any afterwards either. Mine functions flawlessly with whatever ammo I give it.
    As said before check these guys out too. Lots of info here

http://www.ktog.org/

Oh yeh I also put in a steel guide rod to replace the plastic one and a trigger shoe and new 8.5 trigger spring alll cheap stuff from kel tec