Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Funny, I thought rules applied to everyone equally...

How odd that repeated attacks on me in the "S**t hit the fan..." thread violate this rule:

Excessive Personal Attacks (Warning optional, 5 points, Expires in 1 month)
    This will probably be our most controversial rule, and it is a new one. At the time of writing these rules the forum has become a much less civil place than it once was. There is a certain percentage of people who seem to be unable to agree to disagree and debate civilly. Often their posts include name calling and outright, non-constructive mocking of people's ideas and opinions. It's one thing to criticize someone's actions and ideas, it is another to be a jerk about it. We thought for a while that a forum related to firearm ownership would not have these issues as it is mostly adults taking part, but we have been proven wrong. For whatever reason the anonymity of the Internet seems to reduce certain full-grown adults to the mental state of children on a playground. Simply put such anti-social behavior will not be tolerated on this forum as it breeds contempt and ill-will among all members of the community who can behave civilly. This forum has a very specific purpose: To bring together firearm owners so we can share information and organize as a force to expand and protect our hobby. People who act like jerks disrupt the friendly group cohesion that we need to fulfill our goals.

but no one seems to care when it is their best interest to keep something going.

Default Re: Funny, I thought rules applied to everyone equally...

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    If you want to leave the boards, go ahead...

Just don't start one of those incredibly lame "goodbye PAFOA, who is coming with me?!" threads..

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit when I typed that.
    Doug You just knew he would dint you?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Doug You just knew he would dint you?
    Knew I would what?

These rules apply to everyone. My asking for them to be enforced has nothing to do with "omg I am leaving the board." Only a baby would make such a thread.

(Montgomery County)

at this point, very few people in the thread have gone past the point of civilized posting, unless expressing suspicion and outright disbelief at the "facts" posted in the OPs posts.

as posters have said, this thread smells bad...but there an easy way to fix it.

this is the point where you need to provide some tangible proof that this issue happened...this is newsworthy, especially in the tampa area where the Hillsborough Sheriff Dept is fairly antigun.

The news would have been on this like a fatchick on fudge.

I have searched http://plantcity.tbo.com/ which even gives me Tampa area news, and theres no mention at all of guns, walmarts, etc etc involving anything like this.

most people hate being played, so just rsolve the whole thing by giving us some proof....fast, since you are being tagged by folks as a troll over this.

As for everyone else in the thread, I'll be happy to post a warning.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Erie County)

heh, I moved this to the trash before you posted