Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default cz 527 or weatherby vanguard carbine

looking for a new 223 rifle. narrowed choices down to a cz 527 or weatherby vanguard carbine . i like the feel of the cz but only got to handle the varmint modle with a 24" barrel .barrel a little to long for what i want . was wondering about iether the carbine or the american model. other choice was vanguard carbine with 20" barrel. both around 6to 6.5 pounds . like the feel of both rifles was wondering about all the pros and cons about each. will be using rifle for coyote and groundhogs and target shooting.
    i want a light rifle to be able to move around quick on coyote sets. i already have a h&r ultimate hunter with a bull barrel and laminate thumbhole stock. will be selling shortly. this rifle is just to heavy and bulky for what i want. any thoughts on iether theses 2 rifles will be appreciated.

merry christmas

(Bucks County)

Default Re: cz 527 or weatherby vanguard carbine

The CZ 527 has a sweet single set trigger. the Weatherby does not. The fit and finish of the CZ is top notch. I find the action on the CZ smoother. I do not own a Vanguard, but I have shot them. I do own several CZ 527's. The accuracy of the CZ was superior to the Weatherbys I shot.
    Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

(Allegheny County)

I own the 527 Varmint in 204 and the 527 American in 223. The difference between the two as I see it, the American is one pound lighter than the Varmint, the Varmint is more barrel heavy when you hold it than the American, the stock is the same, the reciever and trigger are the same. I use the American as a walking gun and I do walk the the Varminter but the barrel does get top heavy on the sholder after a bit while the American does not. I am very happy with the CZ product and keep looking at the 527 in 221 fireball or another 204 Ruger.

(Delaware County)

If price isn't a major issue I would check out the Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine.

Otherwise the CZ line is top notch. I own several firearms from the mand I would not sell any of them. However I have a Weatherby Vanguard that I could do without. Great gun but it simply does not matchup with a CZ.

(Elk County)

Of the two choices, I would go with the CZ hands-down. Vanguards get the job done, but they have a horrible resale value in these parts. I have the American and it's a gem of a shooter. Pre ORH accuracy at 100 yds, sub-MOA all the way.

Noah