Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default For the 5th Time in 14 Days a Detroit Intruder is Killed by Armed Homeowner

http://gunsnfreedom.com/for-the-5th-...med-homeowner/

While gun control activists are still trying to convince the American people that guns are never used in self-defense but only in mass shootings, yet another intruder has bitten the dust after being faced with an armed homeowner ready to protect his home.
    In fact, this is the 5th time in just two weeks that a Detroit homeowner has used lethal force to protect his home and family. You can read our other recent stories on Detroit homeowners defending their homes with firearms here.
    In this case two men broke into the Detroit home on Thursday at 12:30pm, in broad daylight. The homeowner grabbed his gun and fired at the suspects, hitting one of them. While the one suspect got away the other collapsed in the driveway and died on the scene.
    According to DeadlineDetroit.com,
    In January, Detroit Police Chief James Craig said criminals would think twice if more citizens were armed.
    “When we look at the good community members who have concealed weapons permits, the likelihood they’ll shoot is based on a lack of confidence in this Police Department,” Craig said at a press conference.

Unlike most big-city police officials, Craig said he began believing that legal gun owners can deter crime when he became police chief in Portland, Maine, in 2009.
    “Coming from California” — where he served on the LAPD for 28 years — “where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation.
    “I changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in America. Clearly, suspects knew that good Americans were armed.”
    No scientific research supports the argument that armed citizens deter crime.
    You have to love that last line the author of this story puts in there — “No scientific research supports the argument that armed citizens deter crime.” Really? So the very fact that this home owner deterred this crime from going beyond a break-in was not a deterrent? I think the homeowner would disagree with this “scientific” analysis.
    Detroit homeowners have sent a clear message to any would-be-intruders who actually follow the news. The problem is that these stories rarely get reported beyond the local news and are usually quickly covered up or ignored by the main stream media. After all, if it doesn’t support a gun control agenda then it’s just not worth reporting to an anti-gun media.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Default Re: For the 5th Time in 14 Days a Detroit Intruder is Killed by Armed Homeowner

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Default Re: For the 5th Time in 14 Days a Detroit Intruder is Killed by Armed Homeowner

I've been defending Craig on other sites where people think he is just saying things for political reasons. I truly think he saw the light and is somebody that deserves our support.

Most on this site understand why the 2nd and the ability to protect ourselves and our families is important. But having it come from an former anti is worth it's weight in gold.

Having it come from an anti as people in a notoriously anti gun area are protecting themselves from criminals= priceless.

(Bucks County)

If only someone would staple this to Ramsey's and Nutter's and Williams' foreheads in Philly so they could all read it during their circle jerks...
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
    If only someone would staple this to Ramsey's and Nutter's and Williams' foreheads in Philly so they could all read it during their circle jerks...
    The truly sad part of this is that these people would completely write it off as some aberration, refuse to even acknowledge it even happened, and/or lie about the circumstances and have their buddies in the media print articles making the homeowner appear to be the bad guy. Remember... To these folks FACTS DON'T MATTER!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
    Ramsey was hired purely for his anti stance. How else? His record in D.C.was abyssmal. But if you're a Libtard that gets a promotion.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lackawanna County)

NEWS FLASH(this is sarcasm)

The Mayor of Detroit has declared a state of emergency concerning the disproportionate number of non law abiding residents who have been coldly and needlessly shot down while attempting to earn a living.

The ratio of armed homeowners verses armed non law abiding residents has become unacceptable. People must accept that an occasional home invasion or burglary is part of living in this great city. These needless shootings are putting a strain on the remaining six police officers and two ambulances.

Therefore, effective immediately, addresses ending with an even number may defend themselves on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; those with an odd numbered address; Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I feel it is important to have Sunday off for the six police officers and ambulance crews.

When questioned by a reporter how this will help the situation, the Mayor replied " By taking this action, I will cut back crime by 50%."

(Delaware County)

No need to practice at the range in Detroit. Sounds like there's plenty of ''live fire'' training available from your home,,,,,lol.

Can't site any research at this time, but haven't we already determined that being armed will greatly reduce your risk of being a victim?
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    NEWS FLASH(this is sarcasm)

The Mayor of Detroit has declared a state of emergency concerning the disproportionate number of non law abiding residents who have been coldly and needlessly shot down while attempting to earn a living.

The ratio of armed homeowners verses armed non law abiding residents has become unacceptable. People must accept that an occasional home invasion or burglary is part of living in this great city. These needless shootings are putting a strain on the remaining six police officers and two ambulances.

Therefore, effective immediately, addresses ending with an even number may defend themselves on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; those with an odd numbered address; Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I feel it is important to have Sunday off for the six police officers and ambulance crews.

When questioned by a reporter how this will help the situation, the Mayor replied " By taking this action, I will cut back crime by 50%."
    In other news (just following the sarcasm), the Obama Administration is opening a DOJ investigation into whether or not those being shot and killed were recently liberated from 'job lock'. The administration is concerned that discrimination resulting in death is occurring with those recently freed. Eric Holder reiterated "There is no evidence that one smidgen of corruption was intended by any of the victims."

Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying "It's abominable to think that these heinous acts of aggression are occurring against those who only wish to pursue their lifelong dreams of freedom and happiness."

Harry Reid stated earlier today, "The reports of the 'job lock' victims being involved in criminal activity is nothing but a lie. None of it is true. Not one single victim has been accurately reported on. It's all made up."
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    No need to practice at the range in Detroit. Sounds like there's plenty of ''live fire'' training available from your home,,,,,lol.

Can't site any research at this time, but haven't we already determined that being armed will greatly reduce your risk of being a victim?
    Sarah, Piers, and Diane Sawyer say your like a trillion times more likely to shoot yourself.
    And dey on da TV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast