Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Hartford Courant wants gun owners arrested

Sounds almost tyrannical that a government would use one of their databases of citizens to track down and arrest those citizens because they aren’t in their new database of citizens. Well, that’s what might happen in CT.

As you may or may not be aware, a very large portion of firearms that are required, by law, to be registered with the state of Connecticut, were not, in fact, registered with the state of Connecticut.

Some people say it’s a massive act of civil disobedience, others say it’s ignorance of a new law and deadlines. Whatever the reason, The Hartford Courant wants all of those people punished.

By some estimates, 20,000 – 100,000 residents may have failed to register their firearms with the state. Here is what the Courant has to say about that in a recent editorial,

Although willful noncompliance with the law is doubtless a major issue, it’s possible that many gun owners are unaware of their obligation to register military-style assault weapons and would do so if given another chance.

Hartford Courant Wants CT Police to Arrest Tens of Thousands for Failing to Register Their Guns

But the bottom line is that the state must try to enforce the law. Authorities should use the background check database as a way to find assault weapon purchasers who might not have registered those guns in compliance with the new law.

A Class D felony calls for a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. Even much lesser penalties or probation would mar a heretofore clean record and could adversely affect, say, the ability to have a pistol permit.

If you want to disobey the law, you should be prepared to face the consequences.

I would wager that 99% of the people who have not yet registered their firearms were completely law abiding citizens until the governor of CT made them criminals with a single signature.
    Jesus is Lord !

Default Re: Hartford Courant wants gun owners arrested

Road trip anybody?
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

far away in a galaxy called NJ, New Jersey

don't worry, CT will make a few newsworthy examples and then the people will cry uncle under the will of tyrants...
    Just like we do here in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    don't worry, CT will make a few newsworthy examples and then the people will cry uncle under the will of tyrants...
    Like the clinton's did?

Hillary had blood on her hands way before Benghazi
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Indiana County)

Hartford Courant Wants CT Police to Arrest Tens of Thousands for Failing to Register Their Guns
    Tens of thousands, really?

What would be the cost of arresting and prosecuting those tens of thousands? And, if those tens of thousands all demanded, as is their right, to a jury trial?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    I sincerely hope you're wrong but instead is the beginning of a powerful pro-gun movement
    Jesus is Lord !

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

What would be the cost of arresting and prosecuting those tens of thousands? And, if those tens of thousands all demanded, as is their right, to a jury trial?
    I absolutely love the idea of jury nullification. it would happen here, sans, Philly, HBG and Pittsburgh. However, sadly, I believe the majority of people living in CT are as far left as NYC. Oh, Ct is a suburb of NYC. Their chance to remedy this will come on election day.
    Don't forget the fact they plowed this law through, with no regard for legislative procedure. Speaks volumes for their elected officials.

(Wayne County)

I wonder if the Ct state police will start with the so called elected officals first. How many times have we heard of the antis being busted like the one in NY at the school. Now that would be FUNNY.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

I was thinking the same thing. I am willing to bet the state will push for financial restitution (fines) over serving time. They might make a few 'examples' first, though. No way the state can afford to put everyone behind bars or under house arrest. The government will get creative with punishments most likely. We hope, of course, that this does not allow the citizenry to become lulled into thinking pay the fine and its over.

First, any media that crows about defecating on one amendment should not be read or allowed to hide behind another amendment. Either we have rights as individuals or we do not. It's not a pick and choose menu system controlled by majority rule either. We are not a democracy.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Only criminal to those that make the laws!

I call them patriots!
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"