Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Off duty cop; Florida - ruins a couples pool sex & shootsam

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-pa...ff-duty-deputy

Reflections of Boca Del Mar, shooting involving off-duty deputy

A man is in critical condition at Delray Medical Center after an deputy-involved shooting in West Boca Raton.

An off-duty deputy who lives in Reflections of Boca Del Mar, West Boca Raton, entered the pool area of the complex and encountered a male and female engaged in sexual activity.

The off-duty deputy advised the couple that he is a deputy and asked the couple, who does not live in the area, to leave the premises.

They did so reluctantly, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

A short time later the couple returned.

PBSO said the male suspect, later identified as Tony Ribeiro, 65, approached the off-duty deputy, who was sitting in a lounge chair, and hovered over him in a threatening manner.

An altercation ensued and Ribeiro raised a glass wine or champagne bottle and attempted to strike the off duty deputy.

The deputy fired his weapon, striking the suspect.

Detectives are investigating the incident and the off-duty deputy has been placed on administrative leave which is standard department protocol. PBSO has not released the name of the deputy.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Off duty cop; Florida - ruins a couples pool sex & shootsam

From the little in the article; I'd say it sounds legit.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Franklin County)

IMO depends on A) if that story is 100% accurate and B) was it a champagne bottle or was it a wine glass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    IMO depends on A) if that story is 100% accurate and B) was it a champagne bottle or was it a wine glass?
    The news says wine or champagne bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    At least it wasn't popcorn. I heard that butter can be pretty damn hot and retired LEOs don't like that.

Really, if true as reported, I'd say good shoot.

(Bucks County)

I think he reached a whole new level of cock-blocker.

(Perry County)

Variation on a theme, don't bring a wine bottle to a gun fight. It just doesn't have the same charm.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-pa...ff-duty-deputy

Reflections of Boca Del Mar, shooting involving off-duty deputy

A man is in critical condition at Delray Medical Center after an deputy-involved shooting in West Boca Raton.

An off-duty deputy who lives in Reflections of Boca Del Mar, West Boca Raton, entered the pool area of the complex and encountered a male and female engaged in sexual activity.

The off-duty deputy advised the couple that he is a deputy and asked the couple, who does not live in the area, to leave the premises.

They did so reluctantly, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

A short time later the couple returned.

PBSO said the male suspect, later identified as Tony Ribeiro, 65, approached the off-duty deputy, who was sitting in a lounge chair, and hovered over him in a threatening manner.

An altercation ensued and Ribeiro raised a glass wine or champagne bottle and attempted to strike the off duty deputy.

The deputy fired his weapon, striking the suspect.

Detectives are investigating the incident and the off-duty deputy has been placed on administrative leave which is standard department protocol. PBSO has not released the name of the deputy.

Ok call me a Grammar Nazi, I just hate when journalists cant write correctly...

More news at 7 am this morning...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Holliday93 Guest

I say good for the guy who was shot. The couple was completely in the wrong. They not only shouldn't have been engaging in sexual activity in public, but they also shouldn't have been trespassing on the grounds of a private apartment complex. The guy initiated the second confrontation by coming back and "hovering" over the deputy, and when he tried to strike him, the deputy had the right to shoot him. It's a simple case of self-defense. If he didn't shoot him and was struck in the head with the bottle, he could have actually died.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Ok call me a Grammar Nazi, I just hate when journalists can't write correctly...

More news at 7 am this morning...
    Sorry Frenchy, couldn't resist adding the apostrophe for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast