Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Austin Texas, the new front on police insanity!

Well folks, a new low is being proposed in Austin Texas that pushes police power right over the edge close to 'brown shirt'. They now want the power to stick anyone they pull over on SUSPICION of DUI with a needle for a blood test and they are NOT taking no for any answer!

Now I'm no fan of drunk drivers, my younger brother was murdered 21 years ago by an 'impaired driver' so trust me I'm not one of those that think you should be able to party all night and get behind the wheel of a vehicle (I also believe anyone that's drunk and kills someone should get the death penalty) BUT this crap is just NUTS:

http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp....5117347010923

Where the hell is personal freedom going! This is NOT the America I love!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Austin Texas, the new front on police insanity!

These people are nuts!!! They will not get my blood with out a warrant!!! To me that falls under illegal search and seizure laws. Not to mention a direct invasion of privacy!! This is just flat out unconstitutional, and disgusting!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    These people are nuts!!! They will not get my blood with out a warrant!!! To me that falls under illegal search and seizure laws. Not to mention a direct invasion of privacy!! This is just flat out unconstitutional, and disgusting!
    But did you read the part where they said they will hold you until the get a "search warrant" for the officer to draw blood? I'll tell you what, not this boy!

We can only hope this one gets pushed up to the supreme court!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    But did you read the part where they said they will hold you until the get a "search warrant" for the officer to draw blood? I'll tell you what, not this boy!
    I hear you brother, all I have to say is the last time that the government started getting so pushy the revolution broke out. Not calling for one just saying.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    I hear you brother, all I have to say is the last time that the government started getting so pushy the revolution broke out. Not calling for one just saying.
    Well not all revolutions are armed insurrections, there are other ways and to be very honest this country needs something .... either a revolution or an enema.

Buy yourself a copy of Ron Paul's new book "Revolution, A Manifesto" ... great read and it has the makings of one hell of as movement.

(York County)

We can only hope this one gets pushed up to the supreme court!
    I can see cops getting shot over this one. Who the hell thought this crap up?
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

What REALLY amazes me here is how most police departments always seem to say "They don't understand how hard our job is" or "The public has a misconception about us" and then some BOZO comes up with this crap.

Honest to god, who in their right mind would write this law up, sit back and smile and say "Oh yeah this will help us out"? Where do these nut jobs come from? And where the HELL are the local officials that oversee the idiots that write laws like this? And lastly where the HELL are the voters that elected these bozos?

They keep 'pushing', they take a few rights away, then they bust heads when head busting wasn't needed, then they claim reform and it starts all over again. I can NOT believe good honest hard working people can sit back and allow this kind of stupidity to keep going. Something is going to snap one of these days and MAN is it going to be ugly! They seem to have forgotten the 68 riots and exactly how pissed of people can really get when they are 'pushed' ... and with a lot of people really hurting economically they may not have far to push before people snap.

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    I can see cops getting shot over this one. Who the hell thought this crap up?
    I agree. I can't believe that the cops would go for this. Not only could they be shot but what about them sticking a needle into a struggleing person who has hepatitis or HIV? There is a good chance they could be stuck also and contract that disease. Then what? Charge the suspected DUI driver with murder because he did'nt want his blood taken and the officer got HIV?

This is a very slippery slope that scares the crap out of me.

(Philadelphia County)

Well folks, a new low is being proposed in Austin Texas that pushes police power right over the edge close to 'brown shirt'. They now want the power to stick anyone they pull over on SUSPICION of DUI with a needle for a blood test and they are NOT taking no for any answer!

Now I'm no fan of drunk drivers, my younger brother was murdered 21 years ago by an 'impaired driver' so trust me I'm not one of those that think you should be able to party all night and get behind the wheel of a vehicle (I also believe anyone that's drunk and kills someone should get the death penalty) BUT this crap is just NUTS:

http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp....5117347010923

Where the hell is personal freedom going! This is NOT the America I love!
    I am still waiting for some court to figure out that driving is a necessity in modern life as a practical matter and you should not waive a host of rights every time you get behind the wheel.

There are plenty of ways for the state to prove impairment aside from breath or blood tests. In some cases, a warrant might be appropriate. Not in every case.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    I am still waiting for some court to figure out that driving is a necessity in modern life as a practical matter and you should not waive a host of rights every time you get behind the wheel.
    You know I hadn't considered that before but you are right, they keep telling us its a privilege but in many areas taking away your car or license might as well doom someone to bankruptcy. Heck in our area its almost a mile to the closest food store. There is also no bus service to get you to and from work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast