Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default a young idiot several years ago

When was in HS and about 16 years old he got caught with a joint and some rolling pappers. He ended up getting probation and some community service. Well he wants to bya gun. Will this juvenille charge stop him from owning a gun for self defense? Any information or a suggestion as to who to contact or call. attorney, state police etc would be greatly appreciated
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: a young idiot several years ago

Wayne all I know is my friend got caught with a small amount of pot when he was in high school, and they keep on denying him his ltcf, but I know he owns guns. So yes he should be able to buy them for home defense since it was not a felonie, but good luck trying to get a ltcf. I think I am right about him being able to buy for home defense but you are getting what you paid for my opinion .

(Lancaster County)

Thanks Jason and the check is in the mail. I am going to try the AG office and the Sate Police tomorrow. He and his girlfriend moved into a bad area and they are trying to make it on their own b ut I want them to be as safe as possible without interferring. I am proud he is working hard to get up on his own ans will help when and where I can.

When am I going to get you out this way for some outdoors range time. You and Matt
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Allegheny County)

hypothetically, lets say I KNOW a guy, that got caught, in high school, actualy the day after graduation, that got caught with, a cooler full of beer, a smoking pipe packed with pot, rolling papers, a baggie with about 1/2 ounce, 2 illegal weapons (metal whip, blade about 8 inches long) driving past midnite on a jr. license. He now has a LTCF and numerous handguns.. Now that was about 20 years ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter 13 View Post
    When am I going to get you out this way for some outdoors range time. You and Matt
    I can't wait to shoot outdoors, I am so sick of indoor shooting, soon...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by pirateron View Post
    hypothetically, lets say I KNOW a guy, that got caught, in high school, actualy the day after graduation, that got caught with, a cooler full of beer, a smoking pipe packed with pot, rolling papers, a baggie with about 1/2 ounce, 2 illegal weapons (metal whip, blade about 8 inches long) driving past midnite on a jr. license. He now has a LTCF and numerous handguns.. Now that was about 20 years ago, in a galaxy far, far away....
    HMMM thanks for the hypothetical situation. I am trying to find more info but this is hopeful.
    --------------------
    Wayne

---------------

(Luzerne County)

The req's for LTCF are more stringent than owning

ANY conviction under the Controlled Subastance Abuse Act will land a denial of LTCF

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

I know a guy... really! He asked me to go with him to get his LTCF because he was nervous about applying.

He was caught with a small amount of pot when he was 20... and was charged with possession. Went through the riggers with the legal system, paid his fines and did his probation, and 6 months later the charge was expunged.

He now has an LTCF (has had it for over a 2 years now) and he even asked the Sheriff if his charge would affect the approval of his LTCF. The sheriff was nice and checked in on it for him... then he did the background check and everything turned out fine. The sheriff was cool about everything and even laughed a little about how the charge went as far as the county courts... he said it should have stopped at the local magistrate. The sheriff was very nice about it and basically said it didn't make a difference to him as long as it wasn't more than a misdemeanor offense... this was before some of the newer approval rules I've seen around recently.

I would tell your friend that it doesn't hurt to try. It worked for my buddy.

Ps. and he owns several handguns.

Good Luck!

(Delaware County)

friend of mine tried to buy a shotgun about......6 months ago at TM and was denied.....he has had his run-ins with the law, but every time he gets arrested, etc...he takes it to court and is found not guilty....he currently legally owns 2 handguns but was baffled when he was denied for his shotty...he sent in the paper you get after being denied and it listed his previous police charges when he got it back as being the reason he was denied..he sent it back to him with a note next to each charge stating 'found not guilty'....I haven't heard from him in a while and I oughta call him to see how he made out with that.

BTW-my friend also loves his pot...oughta just legalize it..how many people do you do you know who commit crimes when smoking weed? they're too stupid to do much of anything except laugh and eat, lol.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Beaver County)

When they're smoking weed, they're committing a crime. I sure don't want to be around someone who's both high and armed. In what part of the state does your friend live? I'd like to avoid that area.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast