This is what a believe to be a reasonable split from the following thread: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...led-carry.html

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
No need for a reciprocal state license for car carry. Any license qualifies (even international ones).
This brings up an on-its-face interesting point. Unfortunately, I don't think 18PACS6106(b)(11) gets to use its own version of the word 'state'.

See 18PACS6106(b)(15):

(15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:
(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.
(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.
I'm going to guess it's constitutionally impossible for our AG or Commonwealth to make a reciprocity agreement with another country, but luckily for the wording here, reciprocity can be granted without making agreements. There is a limited chance 'state' could be allowed such a meaning, but I think that 6106(b)(11) means any federal (therefore "laws of the United States" as a singular and federated entity) or state issuance.

And, after writing all of this, I read 6102.

"State." When used in reference to different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and territories and possessions of the United States.
Now that's tricky, given how often we see the meaning, in law, differentiated by big-s or little-s.

Do we have any case law on this?