Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Emergency conceled carry

Hi I live in kingston pa in luzern county recently a lot of drug dealer have moved in and have been making many threadts to me and my family Becuse of us reporting them to the piolice so many times

But they never get caught with much a few weeks in jail then there back

Today they outright threated to shoot me( By the way they showed no gun just called it a 9mm) I called the police who came but said the coundn't do anything becuse there was 8 of them and one of me. 8 aginst one and no gun so

Can I get an emergency Conceled carry permit

the problem is I'm only 20 years old won't be 21 intill november 30,2009

I'm relly scared guys I think I'm in some serius stuff

-chris

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Emergency conceled carry

From the way the statute reads, even temporary emergency licenses to carry a firearm are only issued to persons 21 or older.
    18 Pa.C.S. § 6109
    • Title 18 Pa.C.S. Crimes and Offenses
      • Part II. Definition of Specific Offenses
        • Article G. Miscellaneous Offenses
          • Chapter 61. Firearms and Other Dangerous Articles
            • Subchapter A. Uniform Firearms Act
              • § 6109. Licenses

(m.1) Temporary emergency licenses.--
    (1) A person seeking a temporary emergency license to carry a concealed firearm shall submit to the sheriff of the county in which the person resides all of the following:
    (i) Evidence of imminent danger to the person or the person's minor child. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term "minor" shall have the same meaning as provided in 1 Pa.C.S. § 1991 (relating to definitions).
    (ii) A sworn affidavit that contains the information required on an application for a license to carry a firearm and attesting that the person is 21 years of age or older, is not prohibited from owning firearms under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms) or any other Federal or State law and is not currently subject to a protection from abuse order or a protection order issued by a court of another state.
    (iii) In addition to the provisions of subsection (h), a temporary emergency license fee established by the Commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police for an amount that does not exceed the actual cost of conducting the criminal background check or $10, whichever is less.
    (iv) An application for a license to carry a firearm on the form prescribed pursuant to subsection (c).
    (2) Upon receipt of the items required under paragraph (1), the sheriff immediately shall conduct a criminal history, juvenile delinquency and mental health record check of the applicant pursuant to section 6105. Immediately upon receipt of the results of the records check, the sheriff shall review the information and shall determine whether the applicant meets the criteria set forth in this subsection. If the sheriff determines that the applicant has met all of the criteria, the sheriff shall immediately issue the applicant a temporary emergency license to carry a concealed firearm.
    (3) If the sheriff refuses to issue a temporary emergency license, the sheriff shall specify the grounds for the denial in a written notice to the applicant. The applicant may appeal the denial or challenge criminal records check results that were the basis of the denial, if applicable, in the same manner as a denial of a license to carry a firearm under this section.
    (4) A temporary emergency license issued under this subsection shall be valid for 45 days and may not be renewed. A person who has been issued a temporary emergency license under this subsection shall not be issued another temporary emergency license unless at least five years have expired since the issuance of the prior temporary emergency license. During the 45 days the temporary emergency license is valid, the sheriff shall conduct an additional investigation of the person for the purposes of determining whether the person may be issued a license pursuant to this section. If, during the course of this investigation, the sheriff discovers any information that would have prohibited the issuance of a license pursuant to this section, the sheriff shall be authorized to revoke the temporary emergency license as provided in subsection (i).
    (5) The temporary emergency license issued pursuant to this section shall be consistent with the form prescribed in subsection (e)(3), (4) and (5). In addition to the information provided in those paragraphs, the temporary emergency license shall be clearly marked "Temporary."
    (6) A person who holds a temporary emergency license to carry a firearm shall have the same rights to carry a firearm as a person issued a license to carry a firearm under this section. A licensee under this subsection shall be subject to all other duties, restrictions and penalties under this section, including revocation pursuant to subsection (i).
    (7) A sheriff who issues a temporary emergency license to carry a firearm shall retain, for the entire period during which the temporary emergency license is in effect, the evidence of imminent danger that the applicant submitted to the sheriff that was the basis for the license, or a copy of the evidence, as appropriate.
    (8) A person applying for a temporary emergency license shall complete the application required pursuant to subsection (c) and shall provide at the time of application the information required in paragraph (1).
    (9) Prior to the expiration of a temporary emergency license, if the sheriff has determined pursuant to investigation that the person issued a temporary emergency license is not disqualified and if the temporary emergency license has not been revoked pursuant to subsection (i), the sheriff shall issue a license pursuant to this section that is effective for the balance of the five-year period from the date of the issuance of the temporary emergency license. Records and all other information, duties and obligations regarding such licenses shall be applicable as otherwise provided in this section.
    (10) As used in this subsection, the term "evidence of imminent danger" means:
    (i) a written document prepared by the Attorney General, a district attorney, a chief law enforcement officer, judicial officer or their designees describing the facts that give a person reasonable cause to fear a criminal attack upon the person or the person's minor child. For the purposes of this subparagraph, the term "chief law enforcement officer" shall have the same meaning as provided in 42 Pa.C.S. § 8951 (relating to definitions) and "judicial officer" shall have the same meaning as provided in 42 Pa.C.S. § 102 (relating to definitions).
    (ii) a police report.

(Luzerne County)

also Its a rental unit of four apartments they all seem to be related or no eachother somehow they don't work but drive nice cars(I bet they all won the lottery )

any how, how would i go about finding out who the landlord is mabee i can talk with him/her and get this problem fixed befor it gets worse or i get shot

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JCWohlschlag View Post
    From the way the statute reads, even temporary emergency licenses to carry a firearm are only issued to persons 21 or older.
    18 Pa.C.S. § 6109
    • Title 18 Pa.C.S. Crimes and Offenses
      • Part II. Definition of Specific Offenses
        • Article G. Miscellaneous Offenses
          • Chapter 61. Firearms and Other Dangerous Articles
            • Subchapter A. Uniform Firearms Act
              • § 6109. Licenses

(m.1) Temporary emergency licenses.--
    (1) A person seeking a temporary emergency license to carry a concealed firearm shall submit to the sheriff of the county in which the person resides all of the following:
    (i) Evidence of imminent danger to the person or the person's minor child. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term "minor" shall have the same meaning as provided in 1 Pa.C.S. § 1991 (relating to definitions).
    (ii) A sworn affidavit that contains the information required on an application for a license to carry a firearm and attesting that the person is 21 years of age or older, is not prohibited from owning firearms under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms) or any other Federal or State law and is not currently subject to a protection from abuse order or a protection order issued by a court of another state.
    (iii) In addition to the provisions of subsection (h), a temporary emergency license fee established by the Commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police for an amount that does not exceed the actual cost of conducting the criminal background check or $10, whichever is less.
    (iv) An application for a license to carry a firearm on the form prescribed pursuant to subsection (c).
    (2) Upon receipt of the items required under paragraph (1), the sheriff immediately shall conduct a criminal history, juvenile delinquency and mental health record check of the applicant pursuant to section 6105. Immediately upon receipt of the results of the records check, the sheriff shall review the information and shall determine whether the applicant meets the criteria set forth in this subsection. If the sheriff determines that the applicant has met all of the criteria, the sheriff shall immediately issue the applicant a temporary emergency license to carry a concealed firearm.
    (3) If the sheriff refuses to issue a temporary emergency license, the sheriff shall specify the grounds for the denial in a written notice to the applicant. The applicant may appeal the denial or challenge criminal records check results that were the basis of the denial, if applicable, in the same manner as a denial of a license to carry a firearm under this section.
    (4) A temporary emergency license issued under this subsection shall be valid for 45 days and may not be renewed. A person who has been issued a temporary emergency license under this subsection shall not be issued another temporary emergency license unless at least five years have expired since the issuance of the prior temporary emergency license. During the 45 days the temporary emergency license is valid, the sheriff shall conduct an additional investigation of the person for the purposes of determining whether the person may be issued a license pursuant to this section. If, during the course of this investigation, the sheriff discovers any information that would have prohibited the issuance of a license pursuant to this section, the sheriff shall be authorized to revoke the temporary emergency license as provided in subsection (i).
    (5) The temporary emergency license issued pursuant to this section shall be consistent with the form prescribed in subsection (e)(3), (4) and (5). In addition to the information provided in those paragraphs, the temporary emergency license shall be clearly marked "Temporary."
    (6) A person who holds a temporary emergency license to carry a firearm shall have the same rights to carry a firearm as a person issued a license to carry a firearm under this section. A licensee under this subsection shall be subject to all other duties, restrictions and penalties under this section, including revocation pursuant to subsection (i).
    (7) A sheriff who issues a temporary emergency license to carry a firearm shall retain, for the entire period during which the temporary emergency license is in effect, the evidence of imminent danger that the applicant submitted to the sheriff that was the basis for the license, or a copy of the evidence, as appropriate.
    (8) A person applying for a temporary emergency license shall complete the application required pursuant to subsection (c) and shall provide at the time of application the information required in paragraph (1).
    (9) Prior to the expiration of a temporary emergency license, if the sheriff has determined pursuant to investigation that the person issued a temporary emergency license is not disqualified and if the temporary emergency license has not been revoked pursuant to subsection (i), the sheriff shall issue a license pursuant to this section that is effective for the balance of the five-year period from the date of the issuance of the temporary emergency license. Records and all other information, duties and obligations regarding such licenses shall be applicable as otherwise provided in this section.
    (10) As used in this subsection, the term "evidence of imminent danger" means:
    (i) a written document prepared by the Attorney General, a district attorney, a chief law enforcement officer, judicial officer or their designees describing the facts that give a person reasonable cause to fear a criminal attack upon the person or the person's minor child. For the purposes of this subparagraph, the term "chief law enforcement officer" shall have the same meaning as provided in 42 Pa.C.S. § 8951 (relating to definitions) and "judicial officer" shall have the same meaning as provided in 42 Pa.C.S. § 102 (relating to definitions).
    (ii) a police report.

its always werth trying I doubt i'll get one then, but i'd still like to try to. if i do get shot this would be a reson to change the law, were would i go to get one the court house?

(Luzerne County)

Quicky primer for you:

You can not obtain a Pa. LTCF until you are 21. That is codified in Pa. law. (18Pa.C.S.6109)
    Flat out the sheriff will not give you one no matter the circumstances.

You can own a handgun at 18
    But Fed law prohibits dealers (FFL holders) from selling handguns or handgun ammo to persons under 21.
    So to obtain a handgun you must be either
    {a}given by or purchased from a parent, grandparent or spouse. which are exempted from the transfer requirements of Pa. law (18Pa.C.S.6111)
    or
    {b} purchased from a private individual and transferred (SP4-113 form) at the sheriff's office. Most SO's do not perform this task)

Without an LTCF You can carry a handgun concealed on your person while "in your abode or fixed place of business".
    You can carry a handgun openly (not concealed) at 18 and above anywhere other than places prohibited by law
    while on foot. You can not carry in a vehicle without meeting one of the exceptions of 18Pa.C.S.6106

I suggest reading the sticky threads at the top of this section to learn more.

And good luck with your "issue". Another sad testament to the woes we face in a "progressive" world

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ac1d View Post
    Don't be a pussy. Chances are he never fired a gun in his life.
    If your really scared get a shotty.
    I ran over a drug dealers bike about a year ago. He found out who i was and called me. He said he was going to come and shoot me. I told him i'd be waiting on my front porch, he never came.
    I think advising one to ignore the dangers of the criminal element entirely irresponsible. You make a good point about thuggy wannabes posturing, but it is not a given and not something I would assume applies in any case I had no first hand knowledge about. There are hardened thugs out there that hurt and kill people like the OP. He's not a pussy for being concerned about that.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Venango County)

Definitely stay away from them, and keep calling the police when you see suspicious activity, without proof there's not much they can do, though, but if they are dirty continued police presence will scare their customers away.

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Luzerne County)

Honestly i doubt anything will happen. I've taunted numerous gangbangers and none of them so far have done anything.
    I wouldn't apply any of your experiences to the OP. This is potentially a very serious issue. Not one the OP would be well served by doing as you do solely because it went well for you. While it is *likely* true that the thuggies are all bark and no bite the OP will not do any harm by both avoiding them as well as investigating and/or doing things to be better prepared to deal with them if they DO something.

There's nothing wrong with being concerned that they'll do anything. But if you lower yourself to the level were you are afraid of them, You'll end up doing exactly what they want.
    Huh?
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; June 7th, 2009 at 02:37 PM.

Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    I think advising one to ignore the dangers of the criminal element entirely irresponsible. You make a good point about thuggy wannabes posturing, but it is not a given and not something I would assume applies in any case I had no first hand knowledge about. There are hardened thugs out there that hurt and kill people like the OP. He's not a pussy for being concerned about that.
    Very well said Mr. Pa. Patriot!

To the OP, best of luck with your issue, it's a shame the average citizen has to be hassled with the stupid BS of those who have social problems.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Berks County)

Honestly i doubt anything will happen. I've taunted numerous gangbangers and none of them so far have done anything. There's nothing wrong with being concerned that they'll do anything. But if you lower yourself to the level were you are afraid of them, You'll end up doing exactly what they want.
    Why would you taunt gangbangers? Thats akin to poking the hornets nest....

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast