Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Never realized how much it weighed...

I was outside doing a few things and came inside to flip some meat...my scale was out, and I decided to weigh my current carry, a Ruger P-85, 9mm with 15 rounds...coyotes, ya know... I had a hard time with the numbers...fully loaded it is 40.04 ounces...no wonder my wrists get worn out. Never even thought about it until today...well, with spring like weather approaching, I can revert to the CZ-50 or Grendel P-12...

How about yours?

Default Re: Never realized how much it weighed...

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    I was outside doing a few things and came inside to flip some meat...my scale was out, and I decided to weigh my current carry, a Ruger P-85, 9mm with 15 rounds...coyotes, ya know... I had a hard time with the numbers...fully loaded it is 40.04 ounces...no wonder my wrists get worn out. Never even thought about it until today...well, with spring like weather approaching, I can revert to the CZ-50 or Grendel P-12...

How about yours?
    A P-85? Great gun, I've had mine for years though it's been a long while since I've fired it let alone carry it. These days I'm toting either an SR9C or my LC380.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Never realized how much it weighed...

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post

How about yours?
    My 1911 with empty magazine weighs 42.7oz. Plus 4.7oz of bullets (8+1 x 230grain) = 47.4oz. Plus 9 cases and powder should certainly put it over 48oz, or 3 pounds.

Add in two 8-round spares, plus mag carrier, plus holster, and we're pushing 4 pounds of peace-of-mind.

I'm good, thanks...