Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Please consider not shopping at Sportsmen Shop

There located in New Holland. After buying a number of firearms and supplies from them over the years they had no interest in working with me to resolve a problem. The owner didn't even show the courtesy to meet with me face to face to discuss it. I felt bad for the fellows who worked there as they were visibly upset by the owner’s attitude.

Default Re: Please consider not shopping at Sportsmen Shop

What happened exactly? Details, man! Details!

(Lancaster County)

That is a little generic no ?? Can't say I wouldn't go there based on this thread. Some details would be nice, might help us make an INFORMED decision.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter9x19 View Post
    What happened exactly? Details, man! Details!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armed_in_Lancity View Post
    That is a little generic no ?? Can't say I wouldn't go there based on this thread. Some details would be nice, might help us make an INFORMED decision.

Got to say I'm with these guy's.
    We need details man, like what the problem was, Was this the first time it happened, what did the Owner do to Smite you?

Just telling people to not go there and not giving reasons will not stop them if they have used this shop before.

(Montgomery County)

Welcome to PAFOA.

That's a tough first post - burying a business without any details. I don't think you'll get much sympathy w/o some more information.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    Welcome to PAFOA.

That's a tough first post - burying a business without any details. I don't think you'll get much sympathy w/o some more information.
    Indeed. I haven't fired off the neg-rep button in a while. My mouse finger is itching.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Lancaster County)

I personally don't care for the shop. But it's hard for me to jump on the "Sportsmen's Shop sucks" bandwagon without more info.

(Chester County)

Sorry I did not post more details nor am I looking for sympathy. Simply I called Sportsmen as I purchased a 7mm SA from them and have found that they are no longer being manufactured by Remington. I was told by one of the staff to bring it to the store and they would let me trade out of the rifle. I should state that I knew I would not get the full value on my purchase price in trade but I did not think I would be dismissed by the owner who did not have the courtesy to even face me.

Now you have the details and you chose what you wish to do. All I intended by Posting this was giving my experience and not to sway anyone else in where they shop. That's like a lot of things it’s a personal decision.

(Lancaster County)

I'm still feeling like this is a little vague.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, obviously something happened that's got you quite upset--but that shop's been there for a long time--to ask people to consider not buying there requires some pretty clear detail.

Was there a problem with the gun they originally sold you? If so, it's typically the manufacturer that handles warranty claims or repairs. A shop will often act as a go-between, so that customers don't have to ship guns back and forth on their own, but that's usually the extent of it.

If you bought the gun new, and it's still within it's warranty period, Remington should be willing to honor their commitment to service the weapon. Manufacturers honor warranties on discontinued products all the time, not just guns, so the fact that they aren't making it anymore shouldn't be a big deal. They should still be able to fix it, if not, most warranties stipulate that a similar replacement of equal or greater value will be provided.

If it's no longer covered by a warranty, or was purchased used, that may be a different story. If the shop had expressed some other type of warranty/service agreement when you purchased the gun, then they should be expected to live up to that agreement. If they didn't, and most don't, then anything they would offer to do would be out of courtesy.

The way your clarification post sounded, it was as though you had found out the gun was no longer made and then wanted a new one. I'm sure that something else happened before and in between those two things. I'm just curious as to what.

Maybe it's just a misunderstanding, with some more detail, there are probably plenty of people here who can suggest ways you can resolve the problem.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JC Woodward View Post
    Sorry I did not post more details nor am I looking for sympathy. Simply I called Sportsmen as I purchased a 7mm SA from them and have found that they are no longer being manufactured by Remington. I was told by one of the staff to bring it to the store and they would let me trade out of the rifle. I should state that I knew I would not get the full value on my purchase price in trade but I did not think I would be dismissed by the owner who did not have the courtesy to even face me.

Now you have the details and you chose what you wish to do. All I intended by Posting this was giving my experience and not to sway anyone else in where they shop. That's like a lot of things it’s a personal decision.
    actually, we dont have the details, because what you posed was still clear as mud.

sounds like (and i'm guessing here, because your post is VERY vague):

you bought a Remington short action in 7mm WSSM
    the guns not made by Rem any more.
    you wanted to trade out to something else, they said bring it in.
    you got to the shop, they weren't interested in the gun, and it's trading value for what you wanted didn't match.
    When they weren't interested, you wanted to speak to the owner, who let his staff handle the issue, instead of getting involved...which is generally why people hire employees to work for them.
    you left unhappy.
    posted vagueness here.

is that right?

perhaps you should fill in the vague with something more solid, this is just best guess, but still.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast