Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Angry DIRECT EXPRESS MASTERCARD LOCKOUT ! BOGUS

07/11/2015 Recieved a Call from DIRECT EXPRESS about a lockout on my credit card ! 1) I dont have DIRECT EXPRESS ! 2) They wanted me to press 1 ( I did not ),3) I called DIRECT EXPRESS and they stated they never would call by phone ! This is just a heads up to all,and this is just a recent scam going on ! JMO/MDT

Default Re: DIRECT EXPRESS MASTERCARD LOCKOUT ! BOGUS

I heard china stole a boat load of cc info form us the other day.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    07/11/2015 Recieved a Call from DIRECT EXPRESS about a lockout on my credit card ! 1) I dont have DIRECT EXPRESS ! 2) They wanted me to press 1 ( I did not ),3) I called DIRECT EXPRESS and they stated they never would call by phone ! This is just a heads up to all,and this is just a recent scam going on ! JMO/MDT
    Hi MD2,

That kind of scam is going on all the time. I have has my CC restricted 3 times in 6 mos. because someone tried to use the #. I now have an app on my iPhone that alerts me within seconds of any charge made against my Citicorp CC. I pay close attention to it since I once lost $2200 to a CC bandit about 10 years ago.

(Bucks County)

sadly. the scumbags of the world are ten steps ahead at all times. this is how they make money. Law enforcement that we deal with at our mere peasant level is too taxed to really be concerned with it that intently, and far to under equipped to, if they weren't too busy dealing with the cluster that society is becoming.

the division that should be dealing with it is far too lackadaisical to do much.

we just get to worry about the problem, and hope that our lives don't get fucked up because the illustrious government that's supposed to protect us could really give two shits.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Berks County)

I got the IRS one, where they claim to be last chance before suing you and fines. I knew it was bull but I checked the Internet anyway. Found the scam online.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I got the IRS one, where they claim to be last chance before suing you and fines. I knew it was bull but I checked the Internet anyway. Found the scam online.
    That one is an easy fake to spot because the message ends with "God bless". At least the one I keep receiving does.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Lancaster County)

I don't get any of these calls, not even scammers call me. The one I would like to get is the one where they tell you that there are fines that need to be paid right away or you will be arrested, would love to hear the reaction when they were told to come and get me bitch, I'll be waiting.

Any time I get a number I don't recognize, I Google it after they give up. Its always a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Any time I get a number I don't recognize, I Google it after they give up. Its always a scam.
    The call that I got said the caller number was restricted ! and A PRIVATE CALLER ! MDT