Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only if

(York County)

Default Re: Only if

You know, my first thought is that I would move out of an area like this if I was near it. But as I think about it more, I say F-that, its time to take the neighborhood back from these assholes, not let them have it.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Lycoming County)

Do read "Tipping Point", by Malcolm Gladwell. Really interesting book.

Gladwell's book was the inspiration for changes in New York City's approach to vacant houses, homeless sleeping on the streets and a lot of other "environmental" matters about 10-15 years ago. Dropped the crime rate by 20% in one year.

The ACLU put up a stink about the "rights" of the homeless to sleep, piss and beg wherever they wanted. The mayor and police essentially said "Bring it" and went ahead moving the homeless to shelters away from the business and residential areas. The ACLU shut up when they realized that they had no support for their lawsuits.

One of the major points of the book is to take back the streets. Too many vacant houses, broken windows, abandoned cars and the good folk begin to move away, or withdraw, leaving the streets to the lawless. Owning the streets is a matter of attitude and hundreds/thousands of very small things attended to.

(Northampton County)

...this guy was CCing
    Unlikely...since that crime took place in NJ. The 2 creeps got 50 $ from the victim. Sick.

(Lackawanna County)

If he was CCing looking at this he was over powered quickly and knock out. This is just appauling..

(Chester County)

if he was CCing, the bad guys woulda gotten away with $50 and a gun.

(Bucks County)

The person who should have been carrying was the lady across the street who witnessed it and did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    The person who should have been carrying was the lady across the street who witnessed it and did nothing.
    She did help him. She called for an ambulance and the cops. Carrying is not for everyone. Things like this just SHOULD NOT happen. Its ridiculous that people are this violent and psychotic that they will randomly beat the next poor joe thats walks down the street. We should be condemning the shitheads who whacked the victim in the side of the head with a 2 by 4, not the lady who wasn't carrying. Its the aggressors that were wrong.

(Bucks County)

^^ I aree 100%. Hopefully releasing the video will help identify them.

(Delaware County)

If I see two guys walking towards me, one of them carrying a board/club, I'm not gonna just walk right past them.

The situation as we saw it would not have been improved with the addition of a gun. The addition of some awareness could have done wonders though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast