Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Recommend a 2-rifle case

Hey guys, looking for some help.

I have a RRA middy AR as well as a Remington 700SPS with a ton of accessories that take up a ton of space (right now my 50"x16"x5" case is full). I have a cheap case for it right now, but wanted something bigger and better.

I am mainly looking for something with the customizeable foam (think Pelican 1750) as I noticed the mags for my AR slide around into my scope for the rifle when I transport, and don't want to nick the finish, or even worse, scratch the glass. Something that I can cut the foam and have the pieces drop into would be great.

I would perfer something as big, if not bigger than the one I have now (50x16x5 interior size), and that's why I didn't just jump on the Pelican. If I could even get my Springfield XDSC to fit in, that'd be great and would help consolodate things.

Those are my main 2 requirements. Metal or plastic is fine. Locks or no locks. I just want something that my gear won't slide inside, and something that won't crush or break in a few years.

Anything like the Pelican out there, just bigger? Doesn't have to be waterproof like the pelican is.

I like the SKB ones, but don't like the "stacked rifle" on top of each other. I'd much rather be able to get one or the other without having to remove everything to get to one. SKB cases also don't seem to have the foam that can be cut for everything to fit snug into.

Thanks guys!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Recommend a 2-rifle case

The black plastic and aluminum cases for $30 or so from WalMart fit three rifles if you Tetris them in right, plus a few pistols in the ends, and have thick foam that you could likely cut easily, though it hugs down on the rifles in the case nicely.

Edit: A scoped 10/22, an AR with carry handle, and a Hi-Point carbine all fit, so it's not exactly... svelte. But it holds up to some decent abuse, and even has basic locks on it.
    Last edited by The_Game; July 19th, 2009 at 01:41 PM.

(Centre County)

Depending on how much you want to spend, check the Kalispel safari case. Your stuff will not get harmed in one of those. But, you will pay $400+ for the case.

Also, might check www.americase.com and Cabela's.

Somewhere, I just don't remember, but it may have been Bass Pro, I saw a rifle case that had two sides. Lay it on one side and open the lid to one gun, flip it over and open the second side for another gun (Damn, sorry, I just can't remember where I saw it). They also had one like that for handguns.
    Last edited by Xringshooter; July 18th, 2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Tioga County)

I have one of those that has two sides to it. One for each rifle. The only name that I can see on it is Field Locker guncase. It's long enough that it'll hold my Remington 700 VLS with a 26" barrel. I've had it for years and has held up quite well. Sorry can't remember where I got it or the price.

http://www.pelican-case.com/1780.html

there it be! this thing is a monster! i think with pelican you can have them cut the foam to a specific firearm as well... but i need to double check that.
    This Space For Rent

(Lancaster County)

That Pelican is a little too big!

I'm looking to stay under $250. The double-sided case is nice, but I passed on one of those earlier. I would like something that has a deep design with the flat foam that I can cut to fit everything. To me, it fits better and looks better than just tossing everything in together.

(Blair County)

I like my Kalispel cases alot. I'm well traveled and these are bullet proof http://www.kalispelcaseline.com/
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Centre County)

Here's one that I think you could modify if you wanted (remove the egg crate foam and put in a higher density foam to cut yourself).

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=502865

or

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=359235
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

If you want a soft sided double rifle case, I reccomend this one from Cheaper Than Dirt: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/55075-1.html for $33.34.

It holds my M16 and M4 in it without any issues, very nicely padded with padding between the two rifles and two outer comparments for other stuff.