Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gone for a day

(Armstrong County)

Default Gone for a day

Great place to buy. Great service when i've been there. If you're lokin for a place to get a Springfield XD thats the place to go. Sportsmans supply in butler had a 2 week wait shipped next day from gone for a day and about $70cheaper he seems to really like XD's

Default Re: Gone for a day

Ive heard some good things about that place, but many people refer to it as "Dick for a day". Only in there once years ago, and it seemed to cater to the hunting crowd exclusively. Maybe things have changed.

(Armstrong County)

People have said he is an asshole but, me and my buddy go in there alot and we never have any problems. He does tend to stock alot of hunting rifles, calls , and other hunting stuff and not alot of just target rifles and handguns. he also has a good bit of reloading consumables primers, powder, and ussally has .357 and 9mm jhp from remmington.

Quote Originally Posted by mdslngr594 View Post
    People have said he is an asshole but, me and my buddy go in there alot and we never have any problems. He does tend to stock alot of hunting rifles, calls , and other hunting stuff and not alot of just target rifles and handguns. he also has a good bit of reloading consumables primers, powder, and ussally has .357 and 9mm jhp from remmington.
    I'll have to stop in next time I go thru Elderton. BTW, you ever check out Security Military Depot near Home? My all time favorite gun shop, and not far from you.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    I'll have to stop in next time I go thru Elderton. BTW, you ever check out Security Military Depot near Home? My all time favorite gun shop, and not far from you.
    One of my favorite gun shops 2 thats where me, my mom, and my dad all got makarovs from Tim's a great guy to deal with

One of my favorite gun shops 2 thats where me, my mom, and my dad all got makarovs from Tim's a great guy to deal with
    I spent so much money there back in the 90's, it's shameful! IIRC, he briefly considered getting out of firearms & ammo and opening a paintball field/shop. Im happy he didn't! I haven't been there for a while, but I heard he built onto that little brick building, greatly expanding the size of the store. The best thing about that place? Absolutely, positively NO fudd stuff whatsoever!!!!!!

(Armstrong County)

i haven't been there in about 2 months need to get back
    Wow good thing he didn't open a paintball field that wouldve sucked

Yeah, I think he was gonna put the field in the woods across the road from his driveway. He actually filled Co2 tanks and had paint balls and paint gernades in stock. This was probally '98 or '99. IMHO, he made a wise decision sticking with firearms and ammo.

(Armstrong County)

Tim still has paintball stuff in the back. I agree, a paintball feild would have been a loss compared to the shop he has today. Gone For A Day is a great place. Both of the workers, Jeff (the owner)and the other guy their are very good, low pressure knowledgeable salesmen. I just got fitted up with a bow there the other day and it was an enjoyable experience. I have done a ton of buisness there. From gun vaults to stickers.
    Last edited by KAL101; January 24th, 2010 at 11:51 PM.