Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default CZ Scorpion EVO 3 worth the money?

Really wanting one. Worth the price?
    Also, what braces should I look at to keep me legal without a tax stamp?

Default Re: CZ Scorpion EVO 3 worth the money?

I have the Carbine version with the faux suppressor and it's a lot of fun to shoot. For a factory trigger it's very smooth and doesn't really need any upgrades. I'm just running the iron sight on mine, I thought about adding a red dot but realistically it's not designed to be a longer range shooter so the iron sights are fine for me. The carbine has a folding stock so it's compact as a vehicle gun too, it just can't be loaded in the carbine configuration. With the brace issues going on with the ATF I'd probably hold off on that to see what develops. If you're not worried about possible changes on the brace laws you should be able to find the EVO's in pistol configurations already with a brace.

(Wyoming County)

I have one and I also have a Sig MPX. If I could have only 1 subgun, it would be the Scorpion, for simplicity, affordability, and reliability. but to be honest I don't shoot anything very much now with the prices.

This is how I set mine up.

CZ Scorpion folding thingy: https://www.preppergunshop.com/gear-...cheek-rest-fde

Gearhead works Tailhook (imho it's the only brace on the market that actually works as intended):https://www.preppergunshop.com/gearhead-works-tailhook

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lackawanna County)

They just released an eco pro. Supposed to fix some of the things people ended up fixing on their own. I’m a fan of the scorpion but don’t own one. I’d have no issues with the purchase

One of my favorite guns hands down for close quarters combat. While there are braces available, the SBR stamp is worth it if it's not a truck gun, as is the suppressor. Holosun 510c on top and target acquisition is virtually instant and with low recoil, follow-up shots are very fast. You will absolutely want the safety fix, it will dig into your hand.

The gun is second only to the p90, but in times of ammo scarcity, 9mm will be around, while 5.7x28 will likely not.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    They just released an eco pro. Supposed to fix some of the things people ended up fixing on their own. I*m a fan of the scorpion but don*t own one. I*d have no issues with the purchase
    Did they? I don't see anything new on the CZ website.

I'll be the turd in the punchbowl and say it's NOT worth it. There's just too many things that need fixed with it. The safety needs replaced because it digs in your thumb. The fore-end needs rail covers or swapped for an MLOK variant. The grip angle sucks so toss a new grip on there. The mag release it tiny so that's a swap. Charging handle is a bit too small so that's gotta go too. Personally I hated the trigger shoe so that had to go as well.

I think I have over $2000 into mine including purchase price. That's before mags, which to its credit are cheap and readily available. But for two grand all in I would have wanted something perfect right out of the box. The safety was especially egregious. How that ever left the design stage is beyond me.

That said it's very accurate and the CZ branded iron sights (which I don't think you can get anymore) are very low profile but work great. Mine was spot on right out of the box.

Now if what Nathan said is true and there's a new version that fixes some or all of these then I might need to revisit my statement.
    F*#K THE ATF

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    One of my favorite guns hands down for close quarters combat. While there are braces available, the SBR stamp is worth it if it's not a truck gun, as is the suppressor. Holosun 510c on top and target acquisition is virtually instant and with low recoil, follow-up shots are very fast. You will absolutely want the safety fix, it will dig into your hand.

The gun is second only to the p90, but in times of ammo scarcity, 9mm will be around, while 5.7x28 will likely not.
    I'd second this opinion, I also own the PS90 & a Kriss Vector which I'd put in the same class of guns. It's best to stock a surplus of 5.7 x 28 ammo so you don't have to worry but when there were big shortages it was near impossible to locate. The PS90 is lighter, more compact & holds 50 rounds of ammo vs 35 rounds on the extended Scorpion magazines. As for the Vector it uses ordinary Glock magazines and is fun to shoot but not nearly as fun as either the PS90 or Scorpion.

(Tioga County)

The Scorpion is well worth the money. I would say it is one of my favorite guns to shoot and people that visit my range really enjoy shooting it.

The safety issue I find is not a problem if you change out the grip and that takes about 2 minutes and $20 to do.

The other thing I changed was installing a paddle mag release which was another $25.

Mags are cheap.

As mine is I am content with it for now but certainly I can do more with it if I want.

(Tioga County)

The other thing I have forgotten to mention is it runs like a train. I have fed it every type of 9mm and it just eats it all up. Haven't cleaned it for a few thousand rounds either.

(Lackawanna County)

Scorpion 3+ is the official name I guess

https://www.kygunco.com/product/cz-usa-91420-scorpion-3-micro-9mm-black-20rd?avad=211021_d2774c09d

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast