Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Contacted the Attorney General

In light of the unlawful actions of Mayor Nutter and his cohorts, I called up the AG's office today. I politely asked what was going to be done about Mayor Nutter's unlawful action. I was first told that I needed to contact my state legislators. I informed them that the unlawful laws passed by the Philly politicians was not a legislative matter, but a criminal one. The person at the end of the line put me thru to someone else, who put me on hold, who then put me thru to someone else, who put me on hold......etc. I only had a limited amount of time availabe to play this game so I ended up just hanging up the phone. Never did get an answer, just the run around.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Contacted the Attorney General

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    In light of the unlawful actions of Mayor Nutter and his cohorts, I called up the AG's office today. I politely asked what was going to be done about Mayor Nutter's unlawful action. I was first told that I needed to contact my state legislators. I informed them that the unlawful laws passed by the Philly politicians was not a legislative matter, but a criminal one. The person at the end of the line put me thru to someone else, who put me on hold, who then put me thru to someone else, who put me on hold......etc. I only had a limited amount of time availabe to play this game so I ended up just hanging up the phone. Never did get an answer, just the run around.
    Our AG is without question on out side when it comes to these issues. The problem is he has no authority to get involved in the criminal matters of localities without being asked. That is my understanding.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Our AG is without question on out side when it comes to these issues. The problem is he has no authority to get involved in the criminal matters of localities without being asked. That is my understanding.
    How does one go about "asking" the AG if he'll enforce the law?

Just don't get it... preemption is CUT AND DRY!

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    That doesen't make any sense to me. Isn't it his responsibility is to see that ALL state laws are obeyed? After fast Eddie, isn't the AG the next most important law enforcer in the state?

Quote Originally Posted by steveforopen View Post
    How does one go about "asking" the AG if he'll enforce the law?

Just don't get it... preemption is CUT AND DRY!
    Precisely!

I could be wrong, but i'm not 110% sure he can get involved with that on his own. But he is without a doubt on our side with all of this, he has done ALOT for PA gun owners in just the last few months.

and a helluvagoodguy ontop of it

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    That doesen't make any sense to me. Isn't it his responsibility is to see that ALL state laws are obeyed? After fast Eddie, isn't the AG the next most important law enforcer in the state?
    As he explained it to us at the ACSL Banquet unless the prosecutors for a locality ask him to be involved, he has no authority. He can't just run around the state prosecuting any crime he wants.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Montgomery County)

We all need to get in contact with him about this.

Proud member of:

(Lawrence County)

No, we need to contact the Philly DA, show him where the Mayor's actions are illegal, then threaten to personally sue each and every one of them. Also, filing a personal complaint on them for abuse of power (or whatever that law is called), and having them charged with a crime, is always my favorite way to go about things... Who would vote for a Mayor that broke the law, and now has a criminal background for doing so?

Chaznailthemtothewallman321
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Philadelphia County)

Is there anything we can do as a whole to have Mayor Nutter's laws repealed? Petitions, letter writing campaigns, etc.? Being a Philly resident I'm directly affected by all of this and will do anything I can to have it changed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast