Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default New Firearms rights website being formed.

Having just recently becoming aware of some of the political issues affecting firearms owners and users, I have decided to do my part in helping.

There are all sorts of ways someone can get involved; this site is a great example.

I will creating a site that would complement and link to sites like this one. I have registered the following domain name: www.2ndnow.org. Catchy, memorable, with the potential to draw in, and short enough that it will fit on a t-shirt, bill-board, or bumper sticker.

I have decided to specialize in a niche, a fundraising and attracting new owners/users. These users will generally be living in larger cities and suburbs, the demographic being independents and swing voters, professionals, the well-healed. I have a substantial contact base I can draw from, and I hope it will spread from there. Money raised will be contributed to the NRA and sites like this one. Money will also be used to further the aims of the site. Another aim is to get new enthusiasts politically involved. Many of them are already involved in other causes. Read "connected."

The reasons for the demographic I'm "shooting" for is as follows:

-decent amount of discretionary income.
    -Persons new to the sport. Interested less in existing gun owners, as I want to *grow* the base, but still interested!
    -Independent voters. Much of the Philly suburban voters can vote either way. Many are registered Republicans, but when they see a reason, will cross over. Think "soccer mom." A bit ambitious of me, perhaps an exaggeration, but I'll set my sites high and go from there.

A few ideas. On the homepage, I will have a short blurb about the 2nd amendment, the PA constitution, other state constitutions. I will also have some short bio's of existing firearm's enthusiasts, probably first name only. They'll come from all walks of life, hunters, lawyers, doctor's, politicians etc. Mailing lists will be created.

I am looking for those interested in helping me launch the site by providing bio's.

It's an exciting time to be getting involved, (Heller,) but much work needs to be done. The anti-gun lobby will be redoubling their efforts. Politicians and police in Washington DC are enacting new laws that fly in the face of the Supreme Court's decision on Heller. Much of anti-gunnism by these groups is to deflect criticism of and attention to their own failures in lowering crime and deaths. How many of the many thousands of gun-related deaths in DC and Philadelphia are committed by legally owned semi-autos with magazines containing more than 10 rounds? How many are committed with hollowpoints fired from legally owned guns? You see my point.

Please indicate any interest to: 2ndnow@live.com. Any ideas you have for the site are welcome.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by tobor; July 31st, 2008 at 03:59 PM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: New Firearms rights website being formed.

Ambitious, but nice idea. Good luck to you

(Delaware County)

good luck...I think you're focused too much on a 'certain' type of shooter IMO..why not open it up to all? Aren't we all gun lovers here, ey?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

good luck..........
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    good luck...I think you're focused too much on a 'certain' type of shooter IMO..why not open it up to all? Aren't we all gun lovers here, ey?
    There will be no exclusivity. Anyone will be allowed to contribute. I simply want to *ease* the newbies into it, not scare them away. Respectfully to all members here, I think some "soccer moms" might be scared away by some of the sigs and other topics.

We want to easssee them in slowly. You get the idea.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tobor View Post
    There will be no exclusivity. Anyone will be allowed to contribute. I simply want to *ease* the newbies into it, not scare them away. Respectfully to all members here, I think some "soccer moms" might be scared away by some of the sigs and other topics.

not really...

I usually think that if they're looking for a site like this, they're some what interested in either hunting, target shooting or protecting themself and their family...

just my .02, but like I said...

best of luck..

(Cambria County)

I understand the "Soccer Mom" concept perfectly. And hope it works out.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    not really...

I usually think that if they're looking for a site like this, they're some what interested in either hunting, target shooting or protecting themself and their family...

just my .02, but like I said...

best of luck..
    Good thought. They do have to have an initial interest. Hopefully I'll get linked to from many different types of sites.

Incidentally, you're welcome to get involved: my email for Paypal is 2ndnow@live.com. )))))))

Seriously, I am now looking for those who would like to contribute their bio's. You want your picture on the front page? You got it!

(Montgomery County)

An additional aim: get young people involved. They don't have discretionary funds, but they can vote! Think Obama! )

(Delaware County)

An additional aim: get young people involved. They don't have discretionary funds, but they can vote! Think Obama! )
    once you build the site, I'll look into it...

as far as sending anyone money..I may set up an
    andrewjs18-is-poor-send-me-money paypal account..

I can't afford to send anyone money..sorry..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast