Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default PMSC Member's I have a club question

I know many of you are members so maybe you can help. My older brother and his girlfriend had a scary incident the other day. Long story short they were wondering if I could take as guests him his gf and their 17 yr old daughter to the range under my supervision. Long story short my brother is very familiar with firearms and his girlfriend wants to buy one and has never shot. As well their daughter wants to learn the details of how they work and a little hands on expierence of her own.

Am I only allowed one member as a guest at a time or do you know if they would allow me to bring them. Only one would be shooting at a time as they are new to shooting. And all would be under the strict safety rules we all understand.

Would I be able to bring three or perhaps even two (mother, daughter) shooting with me?
    Thank you if anyone can help.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: PMSC Member's I have a club question

Any club I belong to, or have ever visited, allows 1 guest per member. You could find 2 more members to go along, and make a day of it.

(Westmoreland County)

One guest per member.
    The activity of the mind is life. -Aristotle

(Allegheny County)

only 1 guest per member and you can bring that guest 3 times before they either have to join or not come anymore.

1. are you married? you could bring the mother as your guest and your wife bring the daughter as her guest.

2. do you have any friends here that would be willing to meet up with you at the club and sign in mother or daughter as a guest?

3. have them sign up here, say hi on the group shoot thread and go to a group shoot. just remember, they would only be allowed in the group shoot areas (i.e. IPSC bays on the hill or shotgun range if they are shooting trap).

thats all i can think of for now.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    1. are you married? you could bring the mother as your guest and your wife bring the daughter as her guest.
    Assuming the wife is a member...
    The activity of the mind is life. -Aristotle

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
    Assuming the wife is a member...
    ah yeah, i though i included that. my bad.

(Westmoreland County)

Thank you guys all for the help. I'm not married but do know a few on here personally and will go with the option of bringing another member so they can sign them in as well. I told them they picked a busy time at the range due to hunting season starting.

As for bringing them to the group shoot I'm worried it would be overwhelming to them. The girls havent fired anything before and I wouldnt want it to be too much going on at first, haha. But we'll see i'll let you guys know. Again thanks for the help.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingdonhavoc View Post
    Thank you guys all for the help. I'm not married but do know a few on here personally and will go with the option of bringing another member so they can sign them in as well. I told them they picked a busy time at the range due to hunting season starting.

As for bringing them to the group shoot I'm worried it would be overwhelming to them. The girls havent fired anything before and I wouldnt want it to be too much going on at first, haha. But we'll see i'll let you guys know. Again thanks for the help.
    If you want to drive to Washington Co., my club allows me to bring as many guests as I can supervise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingdonhavoc View Post
    At the last shoot there were two new (female) shooters who came, and a side-bay was setup so they could get some basic instruction and eventual trigger-time without being in the chaotic environment of the main bay. That's not something that normally is done, but a number of people went out of there way to help.

There are a a lot of knowledgeable people at these shoots who are willing to go the extra mile to help out new shooters. If you brought them to the next shoot, I don't think you'd be disappointed.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Westmoreland County)

Thank you guys for the ideas. Let me get in touch with them and they'll let me know. They are from the cranberry area so I dont know if washington would be closer. Also thats very cool what you guys did at the group shoot! You guys do go the extra mile over and over again and it is appreaciated by many of the members here. The more in our ranks the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast