I am looking to sell or trade this early 99 F in .300 Savage, SN 758XXX. I don’t know the history of this gun but if I had to guess I would say that it’s “Shot little, carried little, owner fell off a cliff once”. The rifle is in very nice shape excepting some ugly gouges in the wood and a long scratch on the side of the receiver. I have tried to capture these flaws in the pics and would say the pics look worse than seeing those particular details in person due to the reflection from the flash.

Other than the noted damage, the bluing is very nice (why I expect it was carried little, especially since there is no sling) and the bore is bright and shiny (why I expect it was shot little). The gun is in original configuration except the rear sight has been replaced with a blank. No swivels/studs, etc.

One anomaly with this gun is that it is NOT drilled and tapped on the tang for a tang/receiver sight. Apparently some early Fs came this way before Savage resumed the normal practice. Scope mount bases for the factory D&T holes included per the pictures.

I have never shot this rifle but have no reason to believe it’s not completely functional.

I’d like to get $390 FTF or maybe talk a trade for:
Remington Model 31 12 ga. any checkered stock version
Remington Model 11 12 ga.
S&W 357 revolver
S&W third generation .45 auto
Quality collectible (likely meaning older) .22 rimfire
S&W Model 39 in at least excellent condition w/ box and papers, etc.

I’m north of the ‘Burg in Butler County and prefer a FTF transaction but will consider shipping for actual cost. Thanks.