Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Taurus PT 24/7 OSS DS .45 Repair Report

About a month ago, my Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45 started behaving in an odd way. Since it was my primary carry piece, this was a major problem.

Symptoms were as follows:
    • Sometimes failed to cock when releasing the slide (!!)
    • Double Action appeared to be light-striking, and FTF'd on at least half a dozen different ammo types
    • Magazine appeared to not be sliding all the way in (hard to say for certain, I based this on pictures online)

I sent it to Taurus under their lifetime repair policy on May 17th. It took two days to get there. They sent it back via priority overnight on May 27th - unfortunately it ended up sitting at the FedEx office over the long weekend.

I picked it up today, the sheet that was included said the following:

Diagnosis: PART BROKEN
    Solution: REPLACE PART

Heh... I guess I might have appreciated a little more detail, but so long as it's fixed, I'm okay with that.

I did a dozen or so slide releases, cocked every time (the failure to cock was around 50% rate before). The magazine now seats a wee bit further up. Can't speak to whether or not double action firing is working yet, I figure it'll take 500 rounds before I'm certain it's working properly. I'll update once I get the bullets downrange.

I certainly can't complain about the repair speed. 10 days, including shipping and a weekend? That's speedy. I've heard a lot of bad things about the speed of their repair service, either they listened or I'm lucky.

Default Re: Taurus PT 24/7 OSS DS .45 Repair Report

I've been saying for some time that Taurus's CSD is getting with the program. They had to because there are too many other good manufacturers out there and Taurus finally figured it out that even in a bad economy, people will spend their hard earned $$$ on a good handgun, and it being with a manufacturer that offers great customer service. Look at the new stuff Taurus is putting out, now. Hard to say they are building shit, anymore. Being a Taurus fan, I had faith that they would eventually get it together.

(York County)

From what I hear Taurus has come along way. I own a 24/7 myself. Unlimited lifetime warranty, and have had no problems with it yet (knock on wood). I have more problems with the 1000$ "top shelf" 1911 I own.
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Intentional resurrection for an update: the gun suddenly started light-striking again, this time for both DA and SA. It's been relegated to the safe except for target practice ever since the first time it broke, so it's not like it has been jarred or otherwise beaten up by carrying.

I'm sure they'll fix it quickly, but fuck it. I'm now in the anti-Taurus camp. It scares me to know that I once used this as my EDC.