Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Angry Wow! It's getting WORSE! And makes me ANGRY!

I remember doing this maybe a year or more ago.....

And when I did it back then - the number of stories that returned were sporadic and NOTHING like these:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ta...%22buy+back%22

Look at that! From COAST TO COAST! And what do they do with all those turned in firearms?????

Do they melt them? (I'm nauseous)
    Or do the let Dept Officers have chances at the nicer 1911's etc..that are collected?

What has fueled this spike in “Buy Backs”? Is it tied to political agenda? Or do the Police Departments know that they may get a stronger turn-out in these tough economic times?

Either way…..it PISSES me off!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Default Re: Wow! It's getting WORSE! And makes me ANGRY!

its just the beginning. it will take a few years before they come knocking door to door, but it will happen.
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    I remember doing this maybe a year or more ago.....

And when I did it back then - the number of stories that returned were sporadic and NOTHING like these:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ta...%22buy+back%22

Look at that! From COAST TO COAST! And what do they do with all those turned in firearms?????

Do they melt them? (I'm nauseous)
    Or do the let Dept Officers have chances at the nicer 1911's etc..that are collected?

What has fueled this spike in “Buy Backs”? Is it tied to political agenda? Or do the Police Departments know that they may get a stronger turn-out in these tough economic times?

Either way…..it PISSES me off!
    I don't care what they do with almost all of them (because I doubt any significant piece of firearms history gets turned in for a few bucks or for a supermarket gift certificate or whatever the pols use to make the local soccer moms fell all warm and fuzzy inside when they read this crap).

I also know that the local fiddy cent gatman and robin disciples are not turning in their nines and fortays.

What really pisses me off is that my tax dollars are used to pay for this crock of excrement.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    fotays..
    Fixed it for ya. There's no R in fotays.

I can tell you were some of them go. In Broward and Dade Counties in South Florida they are dumped into the ocean as part of an artifical reef. Before dumping they are rendered useless with bandsaws and torches. Of course not counting the ones that no one can account for. Which are sometimes found.....wait for it.........................................back on the streets.
    HEY! Maybe PAFOA should start our own buyback program! I'd happily give 50$ for some of the stuff you guys have.

(Dauphin County)

I would show up at the buy back and right before they hand them the 50.00 for their gun I would offer them 55.00 lol I remember there was a gun buy back or something in harrisburg last year that was sponsored by some church i think and the police were there and everything and they were open for 8 hours and olny got one firearm

(Lehigh County)

yeah... I got some McDonald's coupons to give for some hungry foo with a LWRC M6A2...
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    I would show up at the buy back and right before they hand them the 50.00 for their gun I would offer them 55.00 lol I remember there was a gun buy back or something in harrisburg last year that was sponsored by some church i think and the police were there and everything and they were open for 8 hours and olny got one firearm
    That was either the one in Lancster or a very similar story. I'm kind of indifferent to the whole idea. I mean if they wanna do a buy back and the seller is dumb enough to give up a $500 gun for $50 then so be it. But I am pissed when the local govt gets involved and my tax dollars are used to fund the operation.

Anybody know if it would be legal to set up outside omne of these and offer more money so long as the seller came to the local FFL? I would definately meet a few of you guys at the next one in the area. I can't see why it would be illegal? What do you guys think. I like the idea of a POOFA buyback. We as a forum buy these guns and then auction them here in the clasifieds and donate the proceeds to a gun rights group or a veterans group, or what ever. How about it?

Dave W.

Starting a thread pertaining to the bolded section.
    Last edited by Brown-Bear; December 9th, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
    3%

I like the idea of a pafoa buyback.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Dauphin County)

lol the problem with a POOFA buyback is that we wouldnt want to redonte the guns after we have them....we would all head stright to the FFL to get them xferd to us.

But i like the idea. I bet they get some really nice shit at those buybacks.

Yea here this Weatherby rifle i dont want anymore ect ect...........yea let me "donate" for you........(crakkajakka) head to nearest FFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast