Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Greene County)

Default New Hampsire at it again!

I know that at least a few of us are from the camp that the gov't is too big, too powerful, and too corrupt for our own good. In light of this, I share the following:

In the NH House: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...9/HCR0006.html

HCR 6: A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.

Some highlights:

Resolved by the House of Representatives, the Senate concurring:

That the several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their General Government; but that, by a compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they constituted a General Government for special purposes, -- delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force; that to this compact each State acceded as a State, and is an integral party, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party: that the government created by this compact was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself; since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress; and
    That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government; and

That copies of this resolution be transmitted by the house clerk to the President of the United States, each member of the United States Congress, and the presiding officers of each State’s legislature.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: New Hampsire at it again!

Didn't NH go to Obama? How the hell can they make so much sense if they are that far left?

(Lehigh County)

Nice going NH..

Obama got alot of libertarian types to vote for him.. Because McCain was viewed as Bush III, and people cared about all of the bill of rights instead of just the one.

Also, NH is Liberal on alot of social issues in general, so it's really not all that suprising. I'd love to live there (Skiing!) but my god the cost of living is insane.. lol

(Bedford County)

It's about time! Finally, some politicians with BALLS!

When the second amendment is gone, the rest won't mean a damn thing!

(York County)

That resolution is a thing of beauty, seriously. We should forward a copy of it to our own state reps and senators and demand something similar be drawn up.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Nice going NH..

Obama got alot of libertarian types to vote for him.. Because McCain was viewed as Bush III, and people cared about all of the bill of rights instead of just the one.
    I'm really not trying to pick fights with you today, but WHAT? Libertarian types voting for a man who wants to modify the Constitution to give the federal government more powers? You have GOT to be kidding me. If a lot of libertarian types had voted for Obama I would think the swing would be more than 3 points.

Caring for the entire BoR should make you as disgusted with Obama as McCain. Anyone who can say the Constitution is a bill of negative rights is not looking to respect your personal liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Also, NH is Liberal on alot of social issues in general, so it's really not all that suprising. I'd love to live there (Skiing!) but my god the cost of living is insane.. lol
    Those who are "liberal" on social issues are funny to me. They want government to dictate when you can have personal freedoms, but also seek to take many of those same freedoms from those who see the world differently. You can do your thing, but leave me to do mine. I will give you abortion, but you must respect that I don't want my child to have a surgical procedure without my consent. It is not your right to impose on my family or my authority to dictate what my children can and can not do.

(Chester County)

Didn't Montana pass something similar in the last year or two?

IIRC they actually threatened secession.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Didn't Montana pass something similar in the last year or two?

IIRC they actually threatened secession.

That was Oklahoma and it was 2 years ago and they didn't put the tripwires in that NH has.
    Texas and Alaska are drafting similar resolutions in their Houses.
    From what I understand the one from Texas has much stronger language.
    I’ll see if I can find the links
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    That was Oklahoma and it was 2 years ago and they didn't put the tripwires in that NH has.
    Texas and Alaska are drafting similar resolutions in their Houses.
    From what I understand the one from Texas has much stronger language.
    I’ll see if I can find the links
    Ed
    Add Montana to the list:

Montana Threatens To Secede If Supreme Court Rules Against Individual Gun Rights http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=212992

(Allegheny County)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast