Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default U.S. Treasury teaches Islamic Finance 101

Lets increase the funding our enemies.

"Additionally, Shariah law mandates that Muslims donate 2.5 percent of their annual incomes to charities – including jihadists. When 400 banks regularly contribute to such charities, potential financial sums can be virtually limitless."

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80003

(Beaver County)

Default Re: U.S. Treasury teaches Islamic Finance 101

Isnt that great... now we can directly pay for those that try to kill us...
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Montgomery County)

We can just add this to the pile. We already fund our enemies by buying billions of middle east oil. We also buy $millions$ in drugs from Afghanistan and other countries.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Just my two cents, but this article has a lot of lies in it. I wrote a long post about it but I figured no one really cares so this is easier to read.

Quote Originally Posted by jofreder View Post
    "Additionally, Shariah law mandates that Muslims donate 2.5 percent of their annual incomes to charities – including jihadists.
    Charity is only given to the poor and needy, any mujaheddin even in the early days of Islam would get their funding from the spoils of war. Even the most extreme of Muslims don't believe it is obligatory to give charity to those who are fighting.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Slotimus View Post
    Charity is only given to the poor and needy, any mujaheddin even in the early days of Islam would get their funding from the spoils of war. Even the most extreme of Muslims don't believe it is obligatory to give charity to those who are fighting.
    I did not write the article just posting it. And giving to CAIR would fund terrorism.

So what is a lie in the article. I'm not calling you out I want to know if what I am reading is wrong.

(Lehigh County)

I did not write the article just posting it. And giving to CAIR would fund terrorism.

So what is a lie in the article. I'm not calling you out I want to know if what I am reading is wrong.
    From what I read, it's about teaching people about how Terrorism is funded.. Understanding how money flows and foreign banking systems is a key element to breaking down and eliminating the effectiveness of those systems..

You have to understand your enemy before you can defeat them.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    From what I read, it's about teaching people about how Terrorism is funded.. Understanding how money flows and foreign banking systems is a key element to breaking down and eliminating the effectiveness of those systems..

You have to understand your enemy before you can defeat them.
    I agree with the notion of understanding the enemy. However we continue to fund our enemies mostly indirectly but knowingly. There is already an Islamic Index in the DOW and these statement seem to lean toward how to do it here rather then analysis of how it works overseas.

" will host speakers from academia and industry to share information on the development of Islamic finance, both in the United States and globally "

AND

"directed toward policy makers"

Please show some evidence from reliable sources that CAIR funds terrorism. In all the times that the US Government has dug through all of CAIR's business records they have found NOTHING. Also, the article isn't talking about giving to Islamic Organizations, its talking about instituting Islamic banking traditions (no interest, fair share business)

Here is why this article is crap. Please let me know if you have any questions.

A virgin may be married against her will by her father or grandfather
    This is bullshit. Its a cultural fad with no backing from the texts.

A woman may not leave the house without her husband's permission
    Again, a cultural fad. There is no evidence from the Qur'an or the hadithuna that there is any right to seclude your wife in her home.

Beating an insubordinate wife is permissible
    I don't feel like getting into this but here is why this is also bullshit.

Hadith:
    "Do not beat the female servants of Allah";
    "Some (women) visited my family complaining about their husbands (beating them). These (husbands) are not the best of you."
    “How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?”

Any excess, cruelty, family violence, or abuse committed by any "Muslim" can never be traced, honestly, to any revelatory text (Qur'an or Hadith). Such excesses and violations are to be blamed on the person himself, as it shows that they are paying lip service to Islamic teachings and injunctions and failing to follow the true Sunnah.

Female sexual mutilation is obligatory
    What the hell? Where would they get this idea? There is NOTHING that even comes CLOSE to touching on this subject in ANY text.

Adultery [or the perception of adultery] is punished by death by stoning
    This is true. You commit adultury, you are sentenced to death. Some sins are worse than others, adultury is pretty damn bad.

Offensive, military jihad against non-Muslims is a religious obligation
    Horseshit. When the lands of the Muslims are invaded by disbelievers, it becomes fardh ayn (obligitory on all Muslims), but up till then you can't say that attacking or killing non-Muslims is even permissable. Many people today even say that the decleration of Jihad fesabilillah can't be done as there is no Khaliph.

Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death without trial
    There is a trial. You would be hardpressed to find a Muslim today who would take up the sword to perform this judgement. It was normally done by a Khaliph.

Lying to infidels in time of jihad is permissible
    Lying is ALWAYS bad.

“Lying is not good, whether in seriousness or joking.”
    “Do not ever lie, because lying leads to very abhorrent sins, and those in turn lead to Hellfire. One keeps on lying and seeks to do that until one is recorded as a liar in some books of Allah.”
    “False testimony is similar to claiming that Allah has partners."
    (Shirk, or making partners with God, is the biggest sin in Islam)
    Last edited by Slotimus; November 6th, 2008 at 04:44 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Slotimus View Post
    Please show some evidence from reliable sources that CAIR funds terrorism. In all the times that the US Government has dug through all of CAIR's business records they have found NOTHING. Also, the article isn't talking about giving to Islamic Organizations, its talking about instituting Islamic banking traditions (no interest, fair share business)

Here is why this article is crap. Please let me know if you have any questions.

A virgin may be married against her will by her father or grandfather
    This is bullshit. Its a cultural fad with no backing from the texts.

A woman may not leave the house without her husband's permission
    Again, a cultural fad. There is no evidence from the Qur'an or the hadithuna that there is any right to seclude your wife in her home.

Beating an insubordinate wife is permissible
    I don't feel like getting into this but here is why this is also bullshit.

Hadith:
    "Do not beat the female servants of Allah";
    "Some (women) visited my family complaining about their husbands (beating them). These (husbands) are not the best of you."
    “How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?”

Any excess, cruelty, family violence, or abuse committed by any "Muslim" can never be traced, honestly, to any revelatory text (Qur'an or Hadith). Such excesses and violations are to be blamed on the person himself, as it shows that they are paying lip service to Islamic teachings and injunctions and failing to follow the true Sunnah.

Female sexual mutilation is obligatory
    What the hell? Where would they get this idea? There is NOTHING that even comes CLOSE to touching on this subject in ANY text.

Adultery [or the perception of adultery] is punished by death by stoning
    This is true. You commit adultury, you are sentenced to death. Some sins are worse than others, adultury is pretty damn bad.

Offensive, military jihad against non-Muslims is a religious obligation
    Horseshit. When the lands of the Muslims are invaded by disbelievers, it becomes fardh ayn (obligitory on all Muslims), but up till then you can't say that attacking or killing non-Muslims is even permissable. Many people today even say that the decleration of Jihad fesabilillah can't be done as there is no Khaliph.

Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death without trial
    There is a trial. You would be hardpressed to find a Muslim today who would take up the sword to perform this judgement. It was normally done by a Khaliph.

Lying to infidels in time of jihad is permissible
    Lying is ALWAYS bad.

“Lying is not good, whether in seriousness or joking.”
    “Do not ever lie, because lying leads to very abhorrent sins, and those in turn lead to Hellfire. One keeps on lying and seeks to do that until one is recorded as a liar in some books of Allah.”
    “False testimony is similar to claiming that Allah has partners."
    (Shirk, or making partners with God, is the biggest sin in Islam)
    OK So you are saying these items are not Tenets of Shariah I could not say yes or no so I will take your word until I find out otherwise.

The main idea of the information is that we are teaching our policy makers about Developing Islamic Finance in the US. Islamic finance follows Shariah law.

Take it any way you want, it worries me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast