Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default 12 Year Old Shot And Killed while Trick Or Treating

Didn't see this posted yet. This is truly tragic and sad. Not many details of what exactly happened yet but I know I was carrying last night. There are a lot of weirdos out there.

Fixed

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...Treat.Killing/

SUMTER, S.C. — A 12-year-old boy trick-or-treating with his family in central South Carolina was shot from inside a home Friday and killed, and his father and brother were wounded by the gunfire, authorities said.
    The shooting suspect, Quentin Patrick, was in custody, a jail official said. Patrick, 22, has been charged with murder and three counts of assault and battery with intent to kill. The jail official said she didn't know whether Patrick had an attorney and his telephone number was unpublished.
    The family was headed home from a city-sponsored event downtown when they decided to stop at a few homes, Sumter Police Chief Patty Patterson said. The father and his four children approached a home with a porch light on about 8:30 p.m. EDT while their mother waited nearby in a vehicle.
    As the family was at the door, they thought they heard fireworks. The 12-year-old boy, his father and brother were all hit by the gunfire. The boy died at a hospital, Coroner Verna Moore said. The other two children were not hurt.
    The boy's father and brother were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Authorities have not released the identity of the family.
    Patterson also would not release any more details about the shooting.
    "The investigation is continuing into what has been a very tragic evening," Patterson said. "Our sorrow and sympathy goes out to this family."
    The police chief said there were other people inside the home at the time of the shooting, but she didn't expect any of them to be charged.
    A neighbor said he heard a loud noise about the time of the shooting and thought it was simply Halloween mischief.
    "I thought, trick-or-treat night — pranks go down. Anything goes," said Lenwood Dixon, 49, who works at a hazardous waste and recycling company. "I heard a noise like maybe gunfire, then my daughter saw a bunch of lights flashing and saw some cops."
    In his six years in the neighborhood, he said he wasn't aware of any violent crimes. He said a few trick-or-treaters had been on his block that night.
    "I'm surprised. Since I was here, I'd never heard of anything like that happening. It's a quiet neighborhood," he said. "You don't see many children in the neighborhood. It's more elderly."
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; November 1st, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: 12 Year Old Shit And Killed Trik Or Treating

Wow... That's just depressing....

(Philadelphia County)

Thats a goddamned shame. Kids cant even get candy now, without fear of being killed.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    Thats a goddamned shame. Kids cant even get candy now, without fear of being killed.
    Well, for years Johnny and Jenny Psychos have been putting razor blades, poison, and other evil things in kids candy... The whole thing makes me sick.

(Luzerne County)

Add holloween to the list of holidays that went to hell. Kids today can no longer enjoy the holidays, And people wondered why I was carrying last night, not one but two. lady I know from my neighborhood saw my gun last night and question the need to have it with all the kids around, I quess I will print this article up and give it to her.

Sounds like the family decided to graze in the wrong neighborhood.

I'm not a fan of parents who drive their kids all around town, begging candy from strangers who live miles away from them. They have no interactions with these people otherwise, they don't shovel each other's walks, they don't buy Girl Scout cookies from each other, and they live so far away that they can't walk the distance. I see it around here, parents idling in their cars while their kids glean each block of homes for candy. I'm pretty sure these are Obama voters.

My parents would never have done what this article mentions, stopping at a random neighborhood on the way back home to demand candy from strangers. We went within walking distance and asked for candy from people in our own community, we didn't have any sense of entitlement from all homeowners everywhere.

Still, we aren't allowed to shoot the little beggars. Yet. So I have to wonder what really happened here, whether the family was banging a little too demandingly, or what. I just don't see some guy shooing up trick or treaters without ANY reason, even an inadequate one.

Makes me wonder who Quentin Patric thought was on the other side of the door. Police maybe?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Chester County)

edit to delete a stupid attempt at humor in the face of a tragic situation
    Last edited by str8shooter; November 2nd, 2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: begging forgiveness

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 12 Year Old Shot And Killed while Trick Or Treating

just sad..people these days.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Sounds like the family decided to graze in the wrong neighborhood.

I'm not a fan of parents who drive their kids all around town, begging candy from strangers who live miles away from them. They have no interactions with these people otherwise, they don't shovel each other's walks, they don't buy Girl Scout cookies from each other, and they live so far away that they can't walk the distance. I see it around here, parents idling in their cars while their kids glean each block of homes for candy. I'm pretty sure these are Obama voters.

My parents would never have done what this article mentions, stopping at a random neighborhood on the way back home to demand candy from strangers. We went within walking distance and asked for candy from people in our own community, we didn't have any sense of entitlement from all homeowners everywhere.

Still, we aren't allowed to shoot the little beggars. Yet. So I have to wonder what really happened here, whether the family was banging a little too demandingly, or what. I just don't see some guy shooing up trick or treaters without ANY reason, even an inadequate one.
    I agree with this 100%. I mean its not unheard of around here for people to drive their kids to the corner because its a rural area and sometimes it has to be done because of the distances between houses. That said, all of the people we see dropping kids off on the corner are neighbors we know who just happen to live over a mile away, etc.

Where we used to live, we'd get car loads of black kids from Chester around 8:30 at night on halloween. We'd always hear a bunch of commotion up at the corner store in the parking lot. Usually a big vanload would pull up, and about 15 kids would get out and come down the street all at once. They would always be carrying on, and so loud it was ridiculous. You could sit in your living room and watch the porch lights turning off when they'd show up. It always pissed me off too, because it isn't our fault they can't safely trick or treat in their own neighborhoods. So instead they would come to our town and act like a bunch of hoodlums while begging for candy. They'd maybe hit three houses who still had lights on then they'd disappear. After about the third season of this just about everyone would have thier lights off by 7:45 because they knew of the impending onslaught. This screwed the neighborhood kids out of candy, all because of these idiots who wouldn't stay where they belonged. Glad I don't have to put up with that nonsense anymore.
    Last edited by Poonie; November 1st, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast