Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default One conspiracy theory put to rest, by being proved correct

Well this was one conspiracy theory I always thought had merit ... BS voting machines that can't count. Well now after all these years it has been proven correct and was caused by another "code monkey" that couldn't program.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...contained.html

So now what was all that about NOT needed a receipt for your vote?

[edit] funny cartoon about the machines: http://xkcd.com/463/ [/edit]

(Berks County)

Default Re: One conspiracy theory put to rest, by being proved correct

I understand that I'm likely preaching to the choir, but software controlled voting machines are the biggest boondoggle to come around in years. The level of complexity and chances for error are way to high, not to mention the myriad of ways in which software or system "back doors" can be implemented which can effectively allow those in the know (like the product designers themselves, along with anyone they choose to inform) to commit voter fraud.

I've seen more than one report of these machines evaluated by independent groups, universities, etc. which were found to contain bugs or exploits that could either accidentally or intentionally affect the outcome of an election.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

these machines obviously have serious bugs. i don't think it is a conspiracy...just bad QA.

but, anyone who tries to claim the machines accurately count votes is kidding themselves.

there have been numerous documented cases of the machines counting more votes than the number of votes cast...or the number of registered voters...in a given precinct.

there have also been cases of the exact same results being reported for two different precincts (highly unlikely).

for a whole list of citations, see:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...istered+voters

as a software developer, i will argue, without hesitation, there needs to be a paper trail with these machines. they need to print out a record of your vote, you need to look at it and make sure the record is correct, and then put the paper ballot in a ballot box.

then, if the electronic vote count seems funky, election officials can go back and check the paper ballots.

in fact, if i were the developer of these systems, i would demand that they do that--at least until they have been used without errors in several national elections. all software has bugs...it is just the nature of software. one of the fundamental principles of systems deployment is to run the old system along side the new system until you are sure that whatever bugs exist in the new system will not materially effect whatever you are trying to do. not doing that is piss poor system administration, imho.

(Philadelphia County)

A simple Google search will give you the files you need to load on the USB drive to complete the hack.

I will not post that in here, just in case.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Gee, and I was hoping, by the title, that this was a definite answer to the Kennedy assassination conspiracy theory

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    these machines obviously have serious bugs. i don't think it is a conspiracy...just bad QA.
    Silly Rabbit, don't you know it's always a "vast right wing conspiracy?"