Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Carried for the 1st Time

Hey All,

Went to the range yesterday in the very little spare time I had (about 1hr) and carried there and back. It was the 1st time I carried concealed since getting my LTC. Actually, it was the 1st time I carried AT ALL. It was a little unnerving at first; I guess it's my own stigma to get over, but I had to convince myself for the 1st few minutes that I really WASN'T doing anything wrong.

Stopped at the Wawa on the way, got a coffee. When I got back home, took the kids outside to play, talked to the neighbors, etc. and didn't get a chance to take it off; I was wearing it the entire time. By the end of the day it started to feel like it was supposed to be there.

An interesting experience. Will definitely start carrying more often when and where I can.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Carried for the 1st Time

Congrats dude! Its a wonderfull feeling, isnt it? Dont ever give it up.

You should carry all the time, everywehre you go. You never know when it might save you, or your family's life.

Dont feel like you are all powerfull and god-like with a gun strapped to your waist. Remember, there's a lot of people out there who carry guns, not only criminals but other CCWers as well.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Eventually you just won't care anymore. It'll just be like carrying your keys wallet or cell phone.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Plus, it is cooler outside...so it will be much easier to conceal. How long til you get your custom holster....it will make carrying that much better once you get a holster that is designed for your pistol.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Went to the range yesterday in the very little spare time I had (about 1hr) and carried there and back. It was the 1st time I carried concealed since getting my LTC.
    You probably ended up constantly touching the gun...you'll get over that.

What gun? What holster?

(Montgomery County)

I left the gun home once and forgot I did. I had to do somethings where the gun was in the way so I had taken it off and slipped it into the safe.

I was out shopping at the mall and felt the holster and noticed it was empty. I went into a panic worried where I had left it. And was some child going to find it and get hurt. I had to stop what I was doing and run home to check to make sure that I had in fact locked it up.

Carrying is much more than a right. We place a lot of responsibility on ourselves when we carry.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post

What gun? What holster?
    And tugging on your shirt.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    I remember all that self-consciousness like it was yesterday.

(Perry County)

I have just recently started carrying again after a few years of not. You will get over that awkward "everyone KNOWS I have a gun" feeling. My wife and I went out running around on Saturday and I was carrying my 2" .38 special in a Fobus holster the whole time. By the time we sat down for dinner at Red Lobster, I had forgotten I had it on.

Sitting here at work, I have my wife's .22 automatic in the inside pocket of my jacket, which is over the back of my chair. The way I dress here at work, it is not easy to carry. So, I figure having one close at hand is better than not at all.

Dave G.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Congrats dude! Its a wonderfull feeling, isnt it? Dont ever give it up.

You should carry all the time, everywehre you go. You never know when it might save you, or your family's life.

Dont feel like you are all powerfull and god-like with a gun strapped to your waist. Remember, there's a lot of people out there who carry guns, not only criminals but other CCWers as well.
    Believe me, I didn't feel all powerful. But I did feel liberated.

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Eventually you just won't care anymore. It'll just be like carrying your keys wallet or cell phone.
    Yeah, I'm sure it will feel like that at some point. One day, I'll just notice it. But right now, it still feels "special".

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Plus, it is cooler outside...so it will be much easier to conceal. How long til you get your custom holster....it will make carrying that much better once you get a holster that is designed for your pistol.
    Didn't order it yet; probably gonna wait a little while till there's some more $$$ in the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    Yeah, I was adjusting more than I should have. I was trying not to seem too obvious, which probably means I might as well have just had the thing grafted to my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    Carrying is much more than a right. We place a lot of responsibility on ourselves when we carry.
    I couldn't agree more, and it's a responsibility I gladly accept.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast