Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default FL take gun to work law.

it's only metal, we can out think it....

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Default Re: FL take gun to work law.

Gosh, I appreciate the sentiment....but I don't like telling people what they can and can't do with their own property.

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
    Gosh, I appreciate the sentiment....but I don't like telling people what they can and can't do with their own property.
    Neither do I, which is why I don't like my employer telling me what I can do with my property, namely my car.

Good for Florida.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Neither do I, which is why I don't like my employer telling me what I can do with my property, namely my car.
    Then don't work for that employer. But this act will violate our rights just as much as anything proposed from the Brady bunch. The fact that it's being done on behalf of gun owners doesn't make it less of an affront to civil liberties.

Then don't work for that employer. But this act will violate our rights just as much as anything proposed from the Brady bunch. The fact that it's being done on behalf of gun owners doesn't make it less of an affront to civil liberties.
    Since when does taking a job give an employer the right to invade my property? I'm a paid employer, not a slave. If an employer doesn't want me bringing a gun into the building. But they've got no business sticking their nose into my property... which begins at the door to my car. Protecting MY property rights is hardly an affront to civil liberties.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Berks County)

Meh..dont have that problem at my job.

I stronlgy encourage all my staff to do the following:

1. Get a LTCF
    2. Get trained
    3. Carry it to work

So far NO shootings beteween the staff

No staff shooting the clients, although a few deserved it

And amazingy no daytime robberies either when the staff complied with this request.

Stunning aint it???? rofl

(Bucks County)

I like to believe that a car is an extension of someones home and therefore private property....Think of it like an embassy...even though it is another country it is still classified as sovereign ground. I dont think any civil liberties are being abused...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

(Allegheny County)

Since when does taking a job give an employer the right to invade my property? I'm a paid employer, not a slave. If an employer doesn't want me bringing a gun into the building. But they've got no business sticking their nose into my property... which begins at the door to my car. Protecting MY property rights is hardly an affront to civil liberties.
    as an employee, you agreed to certain conditions in your employment contract. it may very well be that one of those conditions was that you would abide by their rules...one of which may be that you cannot bring a gun onto their property. you may have also agreed to allow them to search your car if your car is on their property to prove that you have not brought a gun (or drugs or whatever) onto their property.

if your car is on their property, it is subject to their rules. if you don't want them to search it, don't park it on their poperty. or just refuse to let them search it...but then they might fire you.

their property rights are just as important as yours. if your car is on their property, it is subject to their rules. just like if your boss parks his car in your driveway, it is subject to your rules.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by widearea View Post
    I like to believe that a car is an extension of someones home and therefore private property....Think of it like an embassy...even though it is another country it is still classified as sovereign ground. I dont think any civil liberties are being abused...
    except that, in the case of an embassy, the two nations involved have agreed to the sovereign issues ahead of time.

a private property owner probably has not agreed to that in regards to your car.

if you park your car on someone else's private property, you are subject to that private property owner's rules (which can include restrictions on what you can and cannot bring onto the property...whether it is in your car or your pocket or your hand or wherever)...just as someone who parks his car in your driveway must abide by your rules for what can and cannot be in the car (should you choose to make any such rules).

(Westmoreland County)

Since when does taking a job give an employer the right to invade my property?
    That puts it into perspective. It's exactly how I feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast