Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Scotia Range cont'd.

Rules are posted through out the range. Main problems on Aux. Rge. are litter, clay birds, bottles, fruit (yes fruit) and othe junk people shoot and of course the target frames being blown away. Thanks to all who help with the litter clean up, THIS IS TRULY APPRECIATED.

I hope some of this has helped. If you have any other questions or your interested in working part time please feel free to stop in and see me, if I'm not there I'm usually on one of our State Game Lands working so slide a note under the office door with your phone number and I will contact you.

Best of luck with your organization and I look forward to seeing you at the range.

Andy

(Centre County)

Default Re: Scotia Range cont'd.

Thanks!!! The upkeep and maintenance of the range are a concern to the RESPONSIBLE shooters that use it. Most of them can be found here, and I think most would be willing to help out to keep the place clean, functional, and open.

Quick question, are there pipes for target stands at the 200 yd line in the main range?

(Centre County)

I put a few pvc sections around 205 yds. in the dirt a few years ago when the pit was filled in, I'll ck them this week.

(Centre County)

I was grinding the replacement frames today, need a nice dry day to weld.

Thank you again for the work you're putting into "our" range.

We have meet-and-greets every so often here in the state college area (sometimes at scotia); you should consider stopping by and meeting us face to face!

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexington86 View Post
    Thank you again for the work you're putting into "our" range.

We have meet-and-greets every so often here in the state college area (sometimes at scotia); you should consider stopping by and meeting us face to face!

I would like to give a X2 on Lexington's comments and also invite you to join us in our get togethers. We would love it!

(Clearfield County)

Thanks for putting the work into the range,I shoot there at least once a week and I really appreciate it.
    Steve

(Centre County)

When I first start going to Scotia, I used to see some increadible target people bring, like Monochrome monitor, Kegs, tires, brake disc, can of R123A(yes seriously, I've seen people brought pressureised R123A can, and shot the stupid thing and watch it explode!)

But lately, people are little more conservitive about what they shoot. Most people are shooting paper target, and may be cray bird. But some do bring interesting target time to time, like tennis ball and stuff.

But I've seen other seasoned shooter given out suddle reminder to those shooters about range rule and such.

I wish people do stop shooting target frame, but I think some people just can't hit what they are aiming at.
    Last edited by Mity2; January 14th, 2008 at 04:16 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I wish people do stop shooting target frame, but I think some people just can't hit what they are aiming at.
    Granted this is true. I've hit the frames plenty of times while shooting just because I jerked a trigger or something. When people like you and I do that, it's not really a problem because we are using soft jacketed lead bullets, which simply disintegrate when they hit the steel. The problem arises from people using something like steel core military surplus rounds. Those babies punch through the frames like a hot knife through butter.

(Centre County)

...just look at the frames and you can see the holes.

Hello Guys,

Welded some frames on the aux. range today, I'm not a pro welder but they should hold for awhile.

Welded 2 frames on the 50yd. range, the other 2 that are blown apart need a torch to get them off, I'll make arrangements some time to get the torch here from the crew. Also put 2 more on the 100yd. range and 1 more on the 25 yd. pistol range. We've decided to just keep 4 on the 25 yd. range since they get blown off so quickly and hope that people will take better care of them, if they hold up I'll put the other ones on.

Like I've said before if you see people abusing the range don't be afraid to let them know what they're doing. If its pretty flagrant get as much info. as possible and we'll take care of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast