Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny story.

(Dauphin County)

Smile Funny story.

I got my LTCF yesterday and I carried for the first time today. The holster I had for my gun sits too high for me to grip properly so I went to Gander Mountain to get an IWB holster (which feels so much better). The gentleman behind the gun counter asked me if I needed any help. I said yes. I have a 38 revolver and I need to know if this holster will fit it.

Upon looking at the holster he said yes I believe it should. He then asked me if I had the gun with me. To that I replied yes and proceeded to remove it from my holster. He had a look on his face which suggested to me he was expecting a no. He then got this shocked look on his face and said "WOW! A pistol packing mama!". I laughed and told him that I couldn't see any other way to protect me and my children (which by the way I had all 3 of them with me). He agreed with me.

Then after I paid for it my son happily showed me 2 shotguns in the case next to the register that just happened to be PINK!!!! I told him that just because I am a woman does not mean I have to have a pink weapon. He laughed and said yes I do. I had to kick his tiny hiny for that one. Kids! Gotta love them!

-Mrs.38SnubFan
    "And in the end it's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years!"

Default Re: Funny story.

great story BTW a hell of alot better than my experience at target master today..
    FJB

(Butler County)

If pink is not your color, you can always do what I did and put rhinestons on it!

Originally, I did it as a joke but it pissed my friend off so much I decided to keep them on. What good are friends if you can't irritate them now and then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    If pink is not your color, you can always do what I did and put rhinestons on it!

Originally, I did it as a joke but it pissed my friend off so much I decided to keep them on. What good are friends if you can't irritate them now and then?
    If it is a single action colt would that make you a rhinestone cowboy?

I'm surprised you could find a holster there that wasn't for a glock.... seems that's all GM seems to have most of the time when I'm looking there.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Chester County)

Just my two cents, but I don't think you should have unholstered your loaded pistol in the store.

Bring the pistol to the store unloaded if you're gonna be testing out holsters.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Schuylkill County)

Here's a couple options

All available here: http://www.glamguns.com/storemain.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Just my two cents, but I don't think you should have unholstered your loaded pistol in the store.

Bring the pistol to the store unloaded if you're gonna be testing out holsters.
    She didn't have another gun to carry for SD while holster shopping.

I've done the same thing at two different GM's a lot of times. As long as you unload it at the gun counter and show them it's clear, they never have a problem.

-38SnubFan

(Adams County)

Ask Lycan for a pic of his Hi Point. Totally blinged out.
    USMV M/C

(York County)

Welcome!
    I hope we get to meet you two at the Venice pizza met & greet.
    My wife has an SP101 that she lets sit at home. Maybe you could give her some personal perspective on CCing a revolver & still dressing in fashion.
    Funny thing was she was all about getting her LTCF & her own carry gun but now that she has everything she needs, she can't decide how to carry it (even though I've provided her with a purse & a handbag with holsters, a shoulder rig, and an IWB/OWB holster for her to choose from.) She says that since I'm carrying there is no need for her to also. She says her clothes are too tight for hip carry so IWB is uncomfortable & OWB causes a big buldge, & she's definately not going to OC other than for something like the Venice Pizza event or the range.
    I'm trying to be patient, but I don't understand why she was all gung ho until she got everything she needs & now

Before anyone says it... a small auto is out of the question for her. She's set on revolvers. Comfortable as all get out with revolvers (shooting & maintenance) but hates semiautos. She has the SP101 2.5 in bbl & I have a GP100 4 in bbl & she loves em both & is quite a good shot with either.

She did carry for the first time today however. I went to shoot sporting clays & she was tagging along to watch. I said hey today would be a great morning to get used to the holster on your belt. She wore it all morning & didn't seem to have any problem but took it off when we got home & didn't put it back on to run to Lowes or to go out to eat this evening. Meanwhile, I was the opposite, I left my .45 in the car while toting the shotgun but put it on for the rest of the day as normal, even OCing for part of the day which is something I've been easing into.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast