Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guardan angels

(Luzerne County)

Default Guardan angels

has anyone seen that the Guardian angels are coming to wilkes barre.

does anyone have any thoughts on this group?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Guardan angels

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    has anyone seen that the Guardian angels are coming to wilkes barre.

does anyone have any thoughts on this group?
    Got mixed feelings on them. On the one hand, they believe in militant community action to stop crime, which is good. On the other, they reject armed self-defense as a tactic (though I think this is due to practical rather than ideological concerns, they did start in NYC after all). Also the Sliwas were always too ideologically conservative for my tastes, check out this video of a young(ish) Ron Paul debating Lisa Sliwa on drug legalization on the Morton Downey, Jr. Show-- Sliwa, the other Angels and Downey all come off as Neanderthals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Allegheny County)

As long as the local community accepts them it's good.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

My take on them is "block watch" and "neighborhood watches" taken to the next level. BUT they do not accept armed self defense.

(Delaware County)

I'm from New York. I was probably about 13 or 14 when they started out.

It was kind of reassuring when a couple of them would get in a subway car with you or if, when it was dark out,you saw their red satin jackets down the street.

During the DC sniper thing, they stood at gas stations and would pump gas for you if you wanted.

They have a Philly chapter, but I've never seen them walking around.

(Northampton County)

I don't think Wilkes Barre matches the model of a chronically, criminally oppressed community where the government has outlawed any efforts to defend yourself against crime. New Yorkers are naked in public awaiting the ever-present legions of wolves to snatch them away. In Wilkes Barre it seems to me a solution in search of a problem.

(Chester County)

curtis sliwa is a con artist and degenerate liar. He feeds off of people's fear and despair with crime. He has NO law enforcement training. Except for what he learnt from a comic book course. Why didn't he become a cop? Ans: this beats working for a living! He has members sign a release so that if they get hurt, or hurt someone, he's in the clear and can keep his million dollar condo in Manhattan. He asked the people of Philly to pay his stooge's subway fare. This from a guy who makes almost two million dollars a year from his radio job, his commericials, and speaking engagements. He asks the public to contribute to his group, yet he has never given one nickel to the GA. He's a flim flam artist who uses the GA as a cash cow to keep his name in the news and in commericals. This "crimefighter" is straight out of a comic book! He is the Slip Mahoney of talkradio, he's a copy of the Bowery Boys. He has created a phony persona and those who aren't familar with this scammer fall for it! He faked his own kidnapping, faked crime reports, and that makes him a felon! He got a 5013C tax exemption for his group. Yet he violates it continually when he uses the name GA in a commercial, or backed Rudy Guiliani for Mayor of NYC. He's a crimnal who violates the IRS code. He says he "took on the Mob". B.S.! He hid behind his microphone and taunted Gotti Sr. and Jr. Why didn't the hero who says he "took on Uzi toting, cocaine sucking killing machines in the subway", go down to Mullberry St. in Little Italy and make his famous, "citizen's arrest"? You mean he was scared of some fat linguini eaters? He's a coward who uses others, shoots off his mouth, and disapears from the scene after the cameras leave. Send this bag of human garbage back to the sewers of Canarsie Brooklyn where he crawed out of !

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankVanQueens View Post
    curtis sliwa is a con artist and degenerate liar. He feeds off of people's fear and despair with crime. He has NO law enforcement training. Except for what he learnt from a comic book course. Why didn't he become a cop? Ans: this beats working for a living! He has members sign a release so that if they get hurt, or hurt someone, he's in the clear and can keep his million dollar condo in Manhattan. He asked the people of Philly to pay his stooge's subway fare. This from a guy who makes almost two million dollars a year from his radio job, his commericials, and speaking engagements. He asks the public to contribute to his group, yet he has never given one nickel to the GA. He's a flim flam artist who uses the GA as a cash cow to keep his name in the news and in commericals. This "crimefighter" is straight out of a comic book! He is the Slip Mahoney of talkradio, he's a copy of the Bowery Boys. He has created a phony persona and those who aren't familar with this scammer fall for it! He faked his own kidnapping, faked crime reports, and that makes him a felon! He got a 5013C tax exemption for his group. Yet he violates it continually when he uses the name GA in a commercial, or backed Rudy Guiliani for Mayor of NYC. He's a crimnal who violates the IRS code. He says he "took on the Mob". B.S.! He hid behind his microphone and taunted Gotti Sr. and Jr. Why didn't the hero who says he "took on Uzi toting, cocaine sucking killing machines in the subway", go down to Mullberry St. in Little Italy and make his famous, "citizen's arrest"? You mean he was scared of some fat linguini eaters? He's a coward who uses others, shoots off his mouth, and disapears from the scene after the cameras leave. Send this bag of human garbage back to the sewers of Canarsie Brooklyn where he crawed out of !

welcome to the forum.

still, you didn't answer the OP. how do you feel about the guardian angels?

(Northampton County)

I saw gaurdian angels collecting donations on a street corner in Palmer. Near 33 and 248, between the Wegmans and Walmart. Which is part of my extended neighborhood. I think it's the first time I've seen one outside of NYC. At least the first time in a long time.

I don't like seeing these guys around my neighborhood. To me they are an icon of the idea that citizens are (and should be?) defenseless and need authoritarian groups to look after their well-being. In places like NYC where a guy on the subway smashes another guy in the head while 30 people on the car just watch. I'm afraid this culture may be contagious. Maybe they move into my town where we don't need them and eventually we will end up needing them.

It seems silly as I type it but that's the way I feel. Maybe somebody can set me straight.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast