Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default 65 Dems say NO to AWB, tell AG Holder to hold on.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/News....aspx?ID=12245

Today in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, 65 Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, led by Congressman Mike Ross (D-AR), expressed their opposition to the reinstatement of the failed 1994 ban on semi-automatic firearms and ammunition magazines. These congressmen cited numerous studies that proved the 1994 ban was ineffective, and they strongly urged Attorney General Holder to stop his effort and instead focus on the enforcement of existing gun laws.

NRA would like to thank Congressman Ross for his leadership on this effort. We will continue to work with Members of Congress from both parties on this important issue.

View the letter here.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 65 Dems say NO to AWB, tell AG Holder to hold on.

my prediction...

there will be several people along any minute to tell us it is all a smoke screen and really there is going to be an AWB passed next week...

(not that we should let our guard down...but, for the love of god, would you people please stop panic buying everything under the sun and let prices come back down to rational levels? please? pretty please? )
    F*S=k

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    my prediction...

there will be several people along any minute to tell us it is all a smoke screen and really there is going to be an AWB passed next week...

(not that we should let our guard down...but, for the love of god, would you people please stop panic buying everything under the sun and let prices come back down to rational levels? please? pretty please? )
    Either that or part 2 to the story is they want to recreate another and more severe awb.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ira82 View Post
    Either that or part 2 to the story is they want to recreate another and more severe awb.
    LOL. yeah...

anyway, looks like my crystal ball is finally working again.

maybe i should make a large bet on who is going to win the NCAA tournament.
    F*S=k

(Berks County)

Might as well. Obama has been busy filling out his brackets for the tourney.

At least they fired some warning shots over his bow. Someone's finally getting some balls down there.

Well Lets hope those jackass's pull on the anti's that are swarming all over the 2nd A
    ΑΣΦ

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    my prediction...

There are other reasons to be panic buying these days. I just don't feel prepared for social collapse.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ira82 View Post
    If they ban the weapons then they can't tax the transfers, the import, the sale, and the ammo used in them.

I would be amazed to see any kind of BAN go into place, but I fully expect a massive increase on taxes related to the shooting sports and everything associated with it, I would guess a tax similar to what is hitting tobacco will hit ammo
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    There are other reasons to be panic buying these days. I just don't feel prepared for social collapse.
    We agree a lot....I was about to say the exact same thing.

With the economic downturn, talk of state secession, the furiousness the people are with government in general, the talk of crime rising due to the above, democratic president with an anti-gun staff....there are a LOT of people buying guns and ammo right now, and not all of them are 'big black evil guns' like AK's & AR's.

The most recent event in the people's minds of how bad things can get, is Katrina...and that woke up a lot of complacent people.

But on a postiive not, it is VERY awesome that so many democrats sign that, including two from California (TWO!! HOLY $$#@*!!! Twice as many as I expected ).

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    We agree a lot....I was about to say the exact same thing.

With the economic downturn, talk of state secession, the furiousness the people are with government in general, the talk of crime rising due to the above, democratic president with an anti-gun staff....there are a LOT of people buying guns and ammo right now, and not all of them are 'big black evil guns' like AK's & AR's.

The most recent event in the people's minds of how bad things can get, is Katrina...and that woke up a lot of complacent people.

But on a postiive not, it is VERY awesome that so many democrats sign that, including two from California (TWO!! HOLY $$#@*!!! Twice as many as I expected ).

camper
    Infinately more than I thought cause anything times 0 is 0. I never thought even ONE Republican from CA would sign onto something like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast