Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Shotgun ammo question.

Is a hull that contains multiple buckshot or buckshot/slug combination a single or multiple projectile ammo ? The reason I ask is I was reading the shooting range regulations and this particularly caught my attention.

(b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, it is unlawful to:

(3) Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.
    Last edited by Drgiggles1; March 2nd, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Shotgun ammo question.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgiggles1 View Post
    Is a hull that contains multiple buckshot or buckshot/slug combination a single or multiple projectile ammo ? The reason I ask is I was reading the SGL regulations and this particularly caught my attention.

(b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, it is unlawful to:

(3) Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.

It appears you have answered your own question:

(b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, ...[/b]

The reason the PGC states this is due to the damage caused by fudds blowing away the pistol and rifle target stands and baffles with their 3" magnum Anti-Zombie loads.

A phone call to the PGC for clarification would be prudent if you're unsure.
    You can be prosecuted for damage to PGC property, including pistol and rifle ranges.
    Last edited by louie; March 2nd, 2013 at 02:28 PM.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Multiple means more than one, i.e., if the shell contains 2 or more projectiles/shots. So slug rounds are ok (and I do know that at the local PGC range, you are allowed to use the rifle range to sight in your shotgun with slugs, even one without a rifled barrel), but buck shots or bucks-and-ball rounds are not.

(Berks County)

In that case your prolly only allowed to use slugs.

(Jefferson County)

Slugs are ok. Any type of shot, whether bird or buck, is forbidden at the rifle and handgun ranges because more than (1) projectile is launched.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!