Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Pistol Shoot in Youngwood PA, Westmoreland County

The A&S Pistol Range in Youngwood hosts a "For Fun" Action Shoot twice a month, and non members are encouraged and always welcome. I'm not even a member. The next one is Monday the 15th of December. It's fun, you can use your own ammo or buy it there, it only costs $3.00 per run, you can make as many or as few runs as you want to, and participants use their normal carry pistols and revolvers, or what have you... no specialized guns or equipment needed. (you can even borrow eye and ear protection from them) I shot my 9mm Glock 19 at the last Action Shoot, and I will be using my Kimber .45 1911 on the 15th. If you're not sure if you want to participate, come and watch (but bring your gun just in case)! They set up 8 IDPA type targets in various positions, and simulate "real world" type scenarios. Each target is shot twice, and you make at least one reload. Your score is calculated by how well you placed your shots and how fast you finished. Click on the link below to see their website which also has a video of one of their Action Shoots. Everyone is so friendly. It's for people like us, it's not a bunch of professionals. I really hope to see some of you there! (5 minutes from Greensburg) Nic

http://www.indoorpistolrange.com/news_events.htm

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Pistol Shoot in Youngwood PA, Westmoreland County

This action shoot was challenging and fun. The Range Officer had 3 rooms set up to clear. 2 bad guy targets in the first room, 3 in the second room and 3 (plus a hostage) set up in the third room. They had walls set up for cover, and a Christmas tree set up to shoot around. I shot both .45 and 9mm. My best time was 15+ seconds shooting 9mm, with 12 A's, 3 C's, and no missed shots or hostage hits. This is all inside the heated indoor range... no cold weather to deal with. The next Action Shoot is Monday, January 5. Why don't you give it a try, or just watch a couple runs... it would be nice to meet some local PAFOA members in any case. Nic

(Westmoreland County)

How's the crowd, Nic? Is it standing room only?

Sounds like fun, but I don't like crowded ranges.

(Westmoreland County)

Hi Rocketfoot

The crowd is usually 10-15 shooters. I've been there with 8 and I've been there with 15... I've never seen 20. Everyone is friendly, hope you can make it... you will really enjoy it. Nic