Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default To tell or not to tell

I would like some wisdom on what is the right thing to do regarding telling friends I am carrying. I have freinds that I may not know their position on guns and often frequent their homes as a family (with the kids) or alone. As a matter of respect do I let them know I am carrying in their home and around the kids or is it not something I need to do. I have not carried yet but I will be tomorrow and I want to know what is the right thing to do.

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: To tell or not to tell

your choice but in most cases it's better to keep it to yourself, other than sensationalizing the carry issue better to leave sleeping dogs lie.

Default Re: To tell or not to tell

Quote Originally Posted by jofreder View Post
    I would like some wisdom on what is the right thing to do regarding telling friends I am carrying. I have freinds that I may not know their position on guns and often frequent their homes as a family (with the kids) or alone. As a matter of respect do I let them know I am carrying in their home and around the kids or is it not something I need to do. I have not carried yet but I will be tomorrow and I want to know what is the right thing to do.
    Concealed carry is just that: concealed.

Stay well.

---elston

"I have always been fond of the West African proverb: 'Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.'" - Theodore Roosevelt, January 26, 1900.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! - King Leonidas I, 480 B.C.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. - modern adage.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by elston32 View Post
    Concealed carry is just that: concealed.

Stay well.

---elston
    Agreed 100%. The only time I will say something if I am pulled over by a LEO and asked If I have a weapon in the car. I won't lie to a a LEO, but if they don't ask I am not telling. Anyone else, I am not saying anything.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan

(Allegheny County)

you have to ask yourself what is the purpose of you telling people? People who "know you" don't care those that don't know you don't need to know.

(Northampton County)

I am certainly not talking about running around telling people. Just wondering about others expereinces with being around freinds, maybe at a christmas party and your freinds wife gets bent and he gives you a "dude, you should have told me your carrying around my kids". I am all for not saying a word. Just trying to figure out what a good carry citizen should or should not do with respect to freinds.

(York County)

I would tell them. I let all my firends now, esp when kids are involved. Just as a matter of respect. For the ones saying don't tell 'em. I'll say this, I better not ever find a person, friend or no in my house with a gun that I don't know about. And I would guess you would feel the same, why not tell. I guess I just don't see the point to hiding your fire arms. I can really only see 2 choices here, let 'em know, if they don't like it. You either take it off before you enter their home, or you stop going over if your'e not willing to be in your friends house un-armed in which case I suggest finding new friends if you feel the need to be armed in their presence.

Now. Flame away, really its okay I'm wearing a nomex hood right now as I'm posting this.

BB
    3%

(Allegheny County)

Kids are tricky because their emotions in terms of guns are based on how their parents react. Use your judgment but don't feel you need to make others feel safe. You carry to protect self and family/friends.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I would tell them. I let all my firends now, esp when kids are involved. Just as a matter of respect. For the ones saying don't tell 'em. I'll say this, I better not ever find a person, friend or no in my house with a gun that I don't know about. And I would guess you would feel the same, why not tell. I guess I just don't see the point to hiding your fire arms. I can really only see 2 choices here, let 'em know, if they don't like it. You either take it off before you enter their home, or you stop going over if your'e not willing to be in your friends house un-armed in which case I suggest finding new friends if you feel the need to be armed in their presence.

Now. Flame away, really its okay I'm wearing a nomex hood right now as I'm posting this.

BB
    Nobody is coming in my house I don't trust. If they are carrying that is fine by me. I am not leaving any gun in my car parked in a public street.

If you are concealed, it is concealed, period.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan

Its really your call. It would all depend who I'm with and if the conversation moves to CC. I wouldn't make it a point to tell them. If they're bothered by it, they don't have to be around me.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast