Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Raven Concealment Systems AK Mag pouch

Raven Concealment systems is a newer player on the Kydex market which has become very crowded to say the least. They specialize in low profile concealment holsters and magazine pouches. Their products are characterized by their thin profile and two piece design.

They are a very small company and respond quickly to complaints and concerns regarding their products.

Besides its other offerings Raven Concealment Systems also builds various Magazine pouches for AK style magazines. Not just the 5.45 X 39 mind you, but also for the much more challenging 7.62 X 39. The radical curvature of the 7.62 makes it especially challenging for any holster maker. The guys at RCS in my opinion have done an outstanding job of addressing this very issue.

Though the 7.62 mag is held very securely one must remember that it is not intended as a retention system, but a low profile concealment rig. Like all their pouches it is modular in nature and allows the user to add on in tandem other pouches.

The hardware on the unit I’ve been doing some T&E on is a standard belt loop configuration. This particular unit was designed for a standard steel 20 or 30 round mag. As you notice by the pics that the pouches design ensure that the pouch hugs the body tightly. As long as your belt is tight there is almost no play once the magazine is secured. If you are a right hander mounting the pouch on the support side the curvature of the mag faces the rear. This will allow the proper “beer can” style grip which helps in a consistent indexing and re-loading.

To remove the magazine you must rock the magazine forward and up to properly clear the pouch. To re-insert you must push it back in the exact same angle in which it was removed.

I have literally performed a few hundred mag changes with this pouch and have not yet encountered a problem with tearing or ripping of the kydex. In fact I have yet to notice any ware around the top edges. So if there was any concern as to durability of their kydex stock due to its thin profile, rests assure it should never be an issue.

In regards to application I believe your own particular mission requirements will dictate weather or not you can make use of this pouch. I for one at the very least feel it can handily supplement your load-out system. Give them a call!

For those who are interested the following link is to You tube regarding this product and subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmEgX7Wlg9w

Pic #1

Pic #2

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Raven Concealment Systems AK Mag pouch

Did they start selling them yet? I'd like to pick up 2 before your AK class.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Raven Concealment Systems AK Mag pouch

Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    Did they start selling them yet? I'd like to pick up 2 before your AK class.

They did not have them listed for sale last I looked. But they are available. Give Mike Goerlich a call at 440-465-7111. Tell him we sent you.

In regards to the AK Operators class. We should have some dates posted soon.