Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Exactly how much of a pain is or isn't it to get a stamp for suppressor?

I know the wait is long to get the actual tax stamp, but I have read so much conflicting and confusing info on the actual process that I have no idea what's true and what's not and what the easiest way(s) to go about getting said stamp.

Do you do it all yourself? Aren't there companies or services that file all the paperwork for you? etc..... I am sure this has been posted 1,000 times so I apologize.
    Last edited by TacticalSpeed; April 14th, 2022 at 09:08 AM.

Default Re: Exactly how much of a pain is or isn't it to get a stamb for suppressor?

If you buy one from a shop most will help with the paperwork. You need a passport photo and fingerprints done on the atf cards. The rest is simple fill out the form and wait. Some dealers have a "silencer shop kiosk" that's supposed to make it even easier.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Exactly how much of a pain is or isn't it to get a stamb for suppressor?

(Northampton County)

Many dealers can Now E-file. I use a member from here, Brian Ahearn, Easton Firearms Refinishing.
    http://eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/
    He will do everything, paperwork, picture and finger prints for you. All you have to do is pick out what you want to buy and pay the money. If you purchase from an online dealer, he will also facilitate the transfer and take care of the rest for you. Good luck with your search .

Smit

Some even ship to your home.

(Washington County)

Yes, it is more complicated than buying a loaf of bread or a handgun.

Find a good suppressor dealer in your area and they will hold your hand through the process.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lancaster County)

(Berks County)

silencershop is reporting wait times as low as 38 days for e-file but that doesnt seem to be the norm. there is no consistency with the ATF.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by smit308 View Post
    Many dealers can Now E-file. I use a member from here, Brian Ahearn, Easton Firearms Refinishing.
    http://eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/
    He will do everything, paperwork, picture and finger prints for you. All you have to do is pick out what you want to buy and pay the money. If you purchase from an online dealer, he will also facilitate the transfer and take care of the rest for you. Good luck with your search .

Smit
    Can one take their own "passport photo"?
    Can one simply go to your local police station with the ATF fingerprint card and have that part done?
    Do neither of them have to be done in person & everything can be done online via the avenues/sites mentioned so far?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    Can one take their own "passport photo"?
    Can one simply go to your local police station with the ATF fingerprint card and have that part done?
    Do neither of them have to be done in person & everything can be done online via the avenues/sites mentioned so far?
    Yes you can take your own photo, just have a white background. And you can roll your own prints just watch some videos on how they want them done

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast