Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Why I LOVE AK's and AK mags

So I got an order of nice Yugo steel AK mags from ammoman in the mail. The are beautiful but were all covered in cosmo, so I stripped them and soaked them in a bucket of grease-b-gone. Wallah! Off the the range I go to test them out. 5 out of 6 run like butter, the last one seems to hang up after I put approx 20 rounds in. After about 10 seconds of expert gunsmithing (ie. banging the fucker on the bench) I realize that the steel narrows towards the bottom of the mag, squeezing and trapping the follower after 3/4 of the way down. Oh no, I said, what shall I do!?!? I'll have to go online and order $40 worth of gadgets and springs to replace and lube it and make sure its clean! Wait, I have my expert AK gunsmithing tools in the car, lucky me! I get my complex smithy tools, which consist of a 2.5lb hammer and a big ass flat head screwdriver, and go to town. Taking almost full swings, I chisel and bend the whole god damn thing out from the inside until it looks about right (micrometer not needed) and put the guts back in. Floorplate won't fit, banged it out too much, how about I just smack the bottom a couple times with the hammer, Perfect! Now I load up 30 rounds and run them like butter. The mag doesn't look even close to how it should, like "franken-mag", but 200 rounds through the same mag and she will NOT skip a beat!! A hammer, a screwdriver, and 3 minutes of banging just took the mag from inoperable to running 100%. SUCK ON THAT SHIT PMAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Default Re: Why I LOVE AK's and AK mags

You know what they say about them thar mags don't you?

If one gets stuck beat it out with another!

(Northampton County)

Glad you got it running.

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    A hammer, a screwdriver, and 3 minutes of banging just took the mag from inoperable to running 100%. SUCK ON THAT SHIT PMAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oddly enough, The only thing I've ever had to do to get a PMAG functioning the right way was insert it into the magwell.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Monroe County)

When the world ends only cockroachs will survive....... And they will live in steele AK mags
    WAKE UP OR WACO!