Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Apex Tactical

(Pike County)

Default Apex Tactical

I installed their spring kit on the wife's SD40 this morning and went to their FB page to let them know what an awesome little product it is when I found this written by their President, Randy Lee.

I do not usually voice my complaints publicly, however I was just informed that JP Morgan Chase (Chase Bank) will not loan my company money due to the events at Sandy Hook Elementary! The executives at Chase bank have told our local representatives that they fear that if something were to happen similar to Sandy Hook, and that our products were used that it could tarnish THEIR reputation if it got out that we bank with Chase.
    This is unfortunate because my company- Apex Tactical Specialties Inc. is one of the fastest growing companies in the county of San Luis Obispo. We support local businesses such as Achievement House, various machine shops and manufacturers. We also support our local law enforcement agencies and individual officers so that they can have confidence in the tools they must use to protect the public- ESPECIALLY if something like the atrocities committed in Sandy Hook were to occur here.
    Until today, I have had a long standing relationship with Chase Bank both on a personal and professional level. I will be closing our business account as well as my personal accounts with Chase Bank immediately.
    I have run (and will continue to run) my business with honor, integrity and social conscience. I believe that those in our industry as well as our loyal and supportive customers that have met and/or dealt with myself or any of my staff know that is OUR REPUTATION and legacy. We have reports from law enforcement agencies around the country that some of our products have been used to save lives when deadly force was the final option. That a bank with nameless, faceless decision makers would sit in an ivory tower and judge me and my company for the acts of an insane gunman is mind boggling. Chase is also one of several local banks that courted us because of our rapid growth! I am fortunate that there are other banks in our area that are not so narrow minded.

-Randy

(Chester County)

Default Re: Apex Tactical

It is unfortunate and their reason is BS. Some banks have stopped dealing with people in the firearms business because politicians asked them, or more likely blackmailed them to do so.

Somebody with money and a brain will step up.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Bucks County)

Great post. Did not know about the company until I read your post. Went to there website and saw their armorer block. It appears to be a very useful tool. I know i could use it for my Glocks. I will be giving them some of my business.

More power to 'em and glad i don't use Chase.

(Mifflin County)

Here's an update posted today
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Tactical's Facebook page
    Thanks to those of you who shared Randy's message from last week, we got the attention of Chase bank and we were contacted by Chase bank's Corporate offices on Friday in regard to the message Randy posted here and you all shared around the world.

Here's Randy's update on the Chase bank situation.

--------------------------------------------------

It is difficult to write a simple thank you to everyone who read my previous post regarding Chase Bank. The outpouring of support, whether it be by word, voice , thought or action has been awe inspiring. I am humbled and honored to know such wonderful people. A simple thank you is not enough.

Because so many of you shared my post, spread the word and in some cases went in to your local branches with copies of my post in hand demanding clarification of the bank's formal position, one man's voice was heard. We were contacted by a Chase corporate representative who is investigating why and who made the remarks. The representative remarked that the decision to extend credit/funding should be based on the facts pertinent to the banking industry- our company's cash flow, assets, liabilities and other relevant financial records. He further went on to say that such decisions should never be based on "what if"s or hypothetical situations that have no bearing on that decision making process. On this we both agreed.

While he did apologize for someone's use of the Sandy Hook example, I do not know what the outcome of the investigation will be nor the bank's official policy regarding my company, the firearms industry or the 2nd Amendment. I do know that there are enough banking institutions that would rather slam their doors in my face simply because my company is associated with the word "firearm". This has happened to some in our industry before, and I am sure that it will occur again.

A very wise person recently told me that by casting a light on injustices/prejudices for others to see, we provide them the opportunity to do the right thing. I like that.

Again, thank you to everyone who supported/supports my belief what is right. Your collective voice allowed this mouse to get an elephant's attention.

- Randy