Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default 2 Guys at work...

Why the hell won't people believe you even when presented with facts that back you up?

I was talking to 2 guys at work, and they both believed that there are 2 kinds of permits, one for concealed, and one for open carry. Oh, and concealed carry is usually only for leos and is extremely hard to get. "There's no way you have that, they'd never give it to you." Say wha?! Apparently I need to talk to the sheriff, because I've been breaking the law by carrying concealed, so says my office friends.

So I ask who told them that crap, and one says he was in the sheriff's office (in Philly) and that's what they told him.

So I show them the law, and he still won't believe me.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: 2 Guys at work...

You'll always have a guy or two like that! I have one like that here at work. I could say the sky was blue with white fluffy clouds and he'd argue with me. My boss is kinda like that, too!

Let them think you're above the law! Tell them you actually work for the CIA and have been planted there to do surveillance on a suspected drug king pin thats raising illegal money for al-quedia. Don't forget to add that you would normally have to kill them after telling them this!

Or you could print out this brochure and give them each a copy: http://paopencarry.org/PennsylvaniaGunRights.pdf
    Last edited by RocketFoot; July 30th, 2007 at 02:21 PM.

Kypt, for all of your life you understand that the grass is green, man walked on the moon, and news is produced and not reported.

Then I walk up to you and say grass is actually white, some people get paid to paint it green at night that’s why your taxes are so high, no one landed on the moon, that was a movie that looked so real every one believed in it, and the news is about what really happened as reported by unbiased men and woman.

You would find it hard to believe wouldn’t you? I mean how long does it take to make some one believe Santa really never existed? (Actually there was a “Saint Nick” in Russia)

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:1-5

Not my words, but basically, it means in order to lead others to believe in some thing, you have to be dedicated to it yourself.

In regards to what you ask, you have to understand the laws that make it possible in Pennsylvania to open carry as opposed to other states, there are states that have a 2 carry permit system open concealed. So if your friends research the law and end up on a site posting about Texas law, they are then 100A% correct there are 2 laws, and then if they research NJ or NY law they are 100% correct that it is very difficult but not quite impossible to carry at all even concealed.
    First, you need to make them realize they are in Pennsylvania, with Pennsylvania law. Then you have to make them understand that if no law exists, it is then legal de-facto. Then you need to know where to show them to real the Pennsylvania laws that concern what you are talking about.
    Then you make them read this handy tri-fold document Pa. Patriot
    Wrote up for us, and let them come to their own conclusions.

Wont be too long they will be on the right path and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    You'll always have a guy or two like that! I have one like that here at work. I could say the sky was blue with white fluffy clouds and he'd argue with me. My boss is kinda like that, too!

Let them think you're above the law! Tell them you actually work for the CIA and have been planted there to do surveillance on a suspected drug king pin thats raising illegal money for al-quedia. Don't forget to add that you would normally have to kill them after telling them this!
    Then you could spend the rest of yuor days in jail for impersonating a fededral agent... Not worth it.
    Last edited by Frenchy; July 30th, 2007 at 02:28 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Based on what I got from your conversation these guys are from Philadelphia. That said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post

I was talking to 2 guys at work, and they both believed that there are 2 kinds of permits, one for concealed, and one for open carry.
    I believe part of the confusion is that in Philadelphia you are required to have an LTCF to open carry, unlike anywhere else in PA. He may be under the impression that a permit to carry concealed and a permit to open carry in Philly are two different permits. Perhaps just explain to him that the LTCF is required to open carry in Philly, but that it also allows you to carry concealed.

Oh, and concealed carry is usually only for leos and is extremely hard to get.
    The LTCF application IS a pain in the ass in Philadelphia. More so than any other county in the state and the wait is likely longest in the state for approval.

(Erie County)

Why the hell won't people believe you even when presented with facts that back you up?

I was talking to 2 guys at work, and they both believed that there are 2 kinds of permits, one for concealed, and one for open carry. Oh, and concealed carry is usually only for leos and is extremely hard to get. "There's no way you have that, they'd never give it to you." Say wha?! Apparently I need to talk to the sheriff, because I've been breaking the law by carrying concealed, so says my office friends.

So I ask who told them that crap, and one says he was in the sheriff's office (in Philly) and that's what they told him.

So I show them the law, and he still won't believe me.
    You should have said that you secretly work for the CIA or you "have the hook up"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    You should have said that you secretly work for the CIA or you "have the hook up"
    CIA??? HAHAHAH! You old timer!

Now-a-days you have to say you work for DHS (Department of Homeland Security)!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    CIA??? HAHAHAH! You old timer!

Now-a-days you have to say you work for DHS (Department of Homeland Security)!
    Tell them you're on assignment from CTU Los Angeles and you work with Jack Bauer?

(Clinton County)

In 1965 I was in Viet Nam and was talking guns to a guy in my platoon, I mentioned that I liked p-38s and he insisted that a p-38 was a can opener and NOTHING else. This same guy would climb a telephone pole to take pictures when we got mortered instead of takng cover, no sense talkng to him!

(Perry County)

If you work in an office with more than a few people...there's always at least one of "these" guys. He/she knows EVERYTHING and cannot be proven wrong. The only defense he could possibly have is that he is in Philadelphia and has sucumbed to the Democrat anti-gun brainwashing machine.

Someone had a good point about the confusion about a LTCF being required for OC in Philly. Therein may be what he has wrong.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Franklin County)

I"m very upset to find out that Santa never existed. Next you'll tell me the Easter Bunny got thrown In jail for Carrying his eggs concealed without a permit.
    In God We Trust............................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast