Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default I was almost just attacked

By a skunk.

I was walking up the walk to my house, I passed the rhododendron bush that sits about 3 feet from the walk, when i heard something run out from under the bush right at me. I turned around and was staring at a skunk, about a foot and a half away. I jumped back and it jumped towards me, then I slowly backed up while me and this thing stared each other down. I had a 1 liter bottle of water in my hand, and contemplated throwing it at it, but I didnt want to get sprayed, so I backed into the house while this thing came on to my porch. I ran in to get the ten pump, and when I got back to the door, the bastard was already at the street.

I see this thing all the time when I'm driving up my street at night. And once a week or so he stinks up the neighborhood. I want the rodent gone. Any suggestions?
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I was almost just attacked

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    By a skunk.

I was walking up the walk to my house, I passed the rhododendron bush that sits about 3 feet from the walk, when i heard something run out from under the bush right at me. I turned around and was staring at a skunk, about a foot and a half away. I jumped back and it jumped towards me, then I slowly backed up while me and this thing stared each other down. I had a 1 liter bottle of water in my hand, and contemplated throwing it at it, but I didnt want to get sprayed, so I backed into the house while this thing came on to my porch. I ran in to get the ten pump, and when I got back to the door, the bastard was already at the street.

I see this thing all the time when I'm driving up my street at night. And once a week or so he stinks up the neighborhood. I want the rodent gone. Any suggestions?
    I think this was covered at Pafoa shoot # 3 in detail.
    We used smoke cans in the boy scouts when a skunk got under the floor of our tent. It worked.

come to the shoot and ask.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Where is St. Marys when you need him?
    His tactical compound bow vs raccoon story had us rolling on the ground!

p.s.
    One of them is still breathing!

ETA: 27Hand knows the story too! He beat me to it (kinda)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Where is St. Marys when you need him?
    His tactical compound bow vs raccoon story had us rolling on the ground!

p.s.
    One of them is still breathing!

ETA: 27Hand knows the story too! He beat me to it (kinda)
    Ah, its coming back slowly.

27youcanimpressagirlbyputtingapotatoeinyourpantsha nd

(credit Jimmy Roach/Steve Hanson)
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

I'm planning on making it to the shoot finally! I've only been shooting once in the last 3 months, so I need to get the rust off and have some fun. Looking forward to shooting with you guys.

I was thinking about going for the compound bow, but this thing was on a concrete pad, and I wasnt about to have an arrow get deflected into a neighbors house, and also, if i dont make a headshot, its gonna stink up my yard.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

if i dont make a headshot, its gonna stink up my yard.

Yes, but only one last time.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

I'm planning on making it to the shoot finally! I've only been shooting once in the last 3 months, so I need to get the rust off and have some fun. Looking forward to shooting with you guys.

I was thinking about going for the compound bow, but this thing was on a concrete pad, and I wasnt about to have an arrow get deflected into a neighbors house, and also, if i dont make a headshot, its gonna stink up my yard.

That's cool!
    I'd tell you more of the nocturnal archer's adventures, but if you're coming to the shoot, I'll let him tell the story. It's worth hearing again!

I honestly don't know what to suggest about ridding yourself of the skunk, but GRoPA is right about the one last time thing!
    If'n ya keel it, eets gonna steenk! If'n ya ketch it in a live trap, eets gonna steenk!
    What to do, indeed!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!