Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Ban Cars, Not Firearms

Found a book in my local library. It is called "Guns, Crime, and Freedom" by Wayne LaPierre. It is an older book, but he has brought up some really neat points.

Here is one that I plan on using in debates with Anti's that I thought some of you may find useful too.

More than 70% of all felony -crimes involve the use of a motor vehicle. That fact, highlighted in legislation [H.B.-2171] dealing with motor vehicles in Florida's Legislature in 1994.

Using logic of the Anti's, shouldn't lawmakers consider banning the following motor vehicles?

BLACK BMW - [Assualt Cars] choice of drug dealers with menacing looks and dark tinted windows that hinder law enforcement visual checks.
    SPORTS CARS - [machine racers] with speedometers that register over 100mph, they are designed to exceed the speed limit - nobody needs to go that fast except to "out run" police.
    COMPACT CARS - [SNS - Small Nifty Size] these are small, inexpensive, and easy to park out of sight of the police.
    VANS - [High Capacity Vehicles] are able to hold large numbers of people and frequently are used by street gangs for drive by shootings.
    PICK-UP TRUCKS - [Thief Sweepers] offer a bed on which thieves can put the valubles stolen from homes and businesses and then speed away.

No one has any reason to own any of these vehicles and should only own big all-purpose station wagons, designed to haul children and groceries.

Motor Vehicle accidents have gone up while Gun accidents have gone down. Hence, the laws regulating motor vehicles have not reduced this steady climb.
    Licensing, registration, vehicle tags, ownership titles, traffic lights, stop signs, double yellow lines, school zones and so on.

When people commit the crime of driving while drunk and cause accidents injuring and killing people, they are individually held accountable for their actions. Nobody demands or sponsors legislation to ban motor vehicles.

But, when someone commits a crime with a firearm, anti-gun zealots hold all gun owners accountable and demand legislation to ban firearms.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Default Re: Ban Cars, Not Firearms

That's some good information.

Do you know what year that book was published?

Would you happen to have the ISBN?

I have a copy of that book autographed by Wayne Lapierre. It's an excellent read.

"To Joseph Williams, It's more than guns, it's freedom! Wayne LaPierre 9/23/96"

Crap... that's a long time ago LOL.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1911 View Post
    That's some good information.

Do you know what year that book was published?

Would you happen to have the ISBN?
    0-89526-477-3

(Cambria County)

copyright 1994

I have been very impressed so far with the book. He has covered, the 2nd amendment. Assualt Weapons, Self Defense, Carrying Concealed, Waiting Periods and Guns and Cars, so far. All have been excellent reading. I would recommend it to anyone despite the fact that it was printed a while a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    copyright 1994

I have been very impressed so far with the book. He has covered, the 2nd amendment. Assualt Weapons, Self Defense, Carrying Concealed, Waiting Periods and Guns and Cars, so far. All have been excellent reading. I would recommend it to anyone despite the fact that it was printed a while a go.
    Wait till you get to Chapters 18 & 19.

You've caused me to break out this book again. I owe you thanks for that

(Lackawanna County)

He forgot the 1967 Oldsmobile.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

Thanks for reminding me about this book. I've got to dig around my parents house and find my copy so I can have my fiance' read it. She's new to guns and freedom having been born and raised in PRNJ and I think this is a must read for anyone who cares about 2A issues.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by KMcL View Post
    Thanks for reminding me about this book. I've got to dig around my parents house and find my copy so I can have my fiance' read it. She's new to guns and freedom having been born and raised in PRNJ and I think this is a must read for anyone who cares about 2A issues.
    Hmmm, my oldest daughter (12) loves to read. I'll have to see if I can get her to read this. Get her trained while she is still young. The verbal input has been going on for a while now. But this book brings up some really interesting points.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Found a book in my local library. It is called "Guns, Crime, and Freedom" by Wayne LaPierre. It is an older book, but he has brought up some really neat points.

Here is one that I plan on using in debates with Anti's that I thought some of you may find useful too.

More than 70% of all felony -crimes involve the use of a motor vehicle. That fact, highlighted in legislation [H.B.-2171] dealing with motor vehicles in Florida's Legislature in 1994.

Using logic of the Anti's, shouldn't lawmakers consider banning the following motor vehicles?

BLACK BMW - [Assualt Cars] choice of drug dealers with menacing looks and dark tinted windows that hinder law enforcement visual checks.
    SPORTS CARS - [machine racers] with speedometers that register over 100mph, they are designed to exceed the speed limit - nobody needs to go that fast except to "out run" police.
    COMPACT CARS - [SNS - Small Nifty Size] these are small, inexpensive, and easy to park out of sight of the police.
    VANS - [High Capacity Vehicles] are able to hold large numbers of people and frequently are used by street gangs for drive by shootings.
    PICK-UP TRUCKS - [Thief Sweepers] offer a bed on which thieves can put the valubles stolen from homes and businesses and then speed away.

No one has any reason to own any of these vehicles and should only own big all-purpose station wagons, designed to haul children and groceries.

Motor Vehicle accidents have gone up while Gun accidents have gone down. Hence, the laws regulating motor vehicles have not reduced this steady climb.
    Licensing, registration, vehicle tags, ownership titles, traffic lights, stop signs, double yellow lines, school zones and so on.

When people commit the crime of driving while drunk and cause accidents injuring and killing people, they are individually held accountable for their actions. Nobody demands or sponsors legislation to ban motor vehicles.

But, when someone commits a crime with a firearm, anti-gun zealots hold all gun owners accountable and demand legislation to ban firearms.
    Good luck!
    I've been down this road before, and my experiences have been fairly disheartening. What I've found is that the rational argument has very little effect on an emotional stance. That's what the gun issue is about for most people I think, emotion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast